What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: What are people buying?

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Neanderthal wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:33 am I thought it was mostly down to your massive investment!
Even on this forum, I think we would be well advised to avoid any discussion of what goes on under his massive vestments.....
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

levied troop wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:38 am The Barons War Kickstarter is now funded 5 times over the original target, the button has been pressed on the casting process and images of the third pack of spearmen have just been put up. It’s good to see this doing so well - and it can’t all be down to the Lincoln Wargames Club :D
It is being superbly marketed.
The build up, support, continued historical background and engaging with the pledges just about hit the perfect KS project approach.

I pledged for a KS last year which was, and continues to be very badly run and that's like bashing your head on a wall and paying for the privilege.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Had one of those....
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

FreddBloggs wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:11 pm Had one of those....
I've backed 18 Kickstarters of various types and only had issues with two, both wargaming ones! In the first (Unfeasibly Miniatures) the creator gave the strong appearance of trying to do a runner, although that might not have been his intention. The current one is down to pure naivity over what the fulfillment of a KS entails and an unwillingness to take measures to ensure things happen as they should.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Paul wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:39 pm I pledged for a KS last year which was, and continues to be very badly run and that's like bashing your head on a wall and paying for the privilege.
Doesn't that make it doubly rewarding when you stop, though? :wall: :thumbs:
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Only 1 problem one, when 2 of the 4 involved decided they wanted a wage from the project to complete it, after the raised monies had been allocated.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Payday is here and the Memsahib isn't awake yet, so I've got my spending in first... It's the last splurge on stuff for the Cassinga Raid game, so a couple of T-34s and some buildings from Peter Pig, a Puma from QRF, some artillery positions from Timecast and a Cessna from Shapeways.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Can you arrange delivery whilst she is asleep?
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

grizzlymc wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:29 am Can you arrange delivery whilst she is asleep?
One of many advantages of being a shift-worker is that I can be at home to receive deliveries when she's in work... :thumbs:
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

RMD wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:24 am
grizzlymc wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:29 am Can you arrange delivery whilst she is asleep?
One of many advantages of being a shift-worker is that I can be at home to receive deliveries when she's in work... :thumbs:
You do know she reads this forum don't you...