The Pointy Stick thread

For your Wargames Wittering
garyp
PurpleBot

Re: The Pointy Stick thread

Post by garyp »

Actually, one or two units of chariots plus maybe a hero or two
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Ta!
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

garyp wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:46 pm
World2dave wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:33 pm What sort of army size (in terms of WAB points) are people aiming for?
I've no idea about points values, but I'm expecting 3 or 4 heavy infantry units, a couple of javelin units, some archers and slingers.

Plus a Panzer division of chariots led by Achilles.
That’s about the size of my army, except my chariot division is led by Ramesses the Great, Chosen of Ra, Crusher of Hittites and Slayer of Small Nations, OBE.
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

I reckon those are achievable within 2000 points, depending on exact unit sizes of course.

I've been looking at my redoubt trojans and, whilst they were large figures 20 years ago, they're seem normal 28mm size now.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

I didn't know Trojan made them that size.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

This thread has got me thinking again about my intention to expand my Ayton Lion Rampant force (Normans/Saracens) into a collection of 3 forces that can all fight each other - by adding Byzantines. By combining all 3 I can make a decent WAB army themed around my Medetia founding backstory - a Norman mercenary leader carving out a bit of Italy in the early 11th century.
I understand Paul's earlier point about later armies being more powerful than Classical ones in WAB, but the intention is to pursue an existing project rather than try to build a kickass army.

Please add me to the Kanban GM, if that's OK.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Thats a great idea Dave -and a good way to combine projects. Don't worry about the later army stuff - i dont think we are being that serious about it. Plus Paul will bring his zeppelins whatever we do.

What stage on the kanban would you like to be ?
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

The current state of the kanban. Let me know if you want changes. btw I can grant access to people wanting to personally maintain their project updates at the speed of Billy Whizz. Let me know

Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Thanks GM, looks good!
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

World2dave wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:42 am I understand Paul's earlier point about later armies being more powerful than Classical ones in WAB, but the intention is to pursue an existing project rather than try to build a kickass army.
That is very true. My point was more that I hate to see people with very little chance of winning a game down solely to the army match up.
I did however check up on the competition stats for WAB armies and found out that Trojans fair very well from the earlier armies.. So it's not too bad for them :)

In the spirit of using stuff we've already got to hand I did think about getting some more Trojans to expand the Rampanty sized army I have but decided there were already enough of them being modelled by Law members.

Therefore I'm going to use a couple of packs i've already got, add some more and do a Tibetan army as they can be both allies and enemies for my existing Mongol 'Rampant' force.