Partizan spoils

For your Wargames Wittering
tim.w
Jezebel

Re: Partizan spoils

Post by tim.w »

I like playing the 1940's version of Warhammer 40k with my Bolt Action minis.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

tim.w wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:42 am I like playing the 1940's version of Warhammer 40k with my Bolt Action minis.
My problem is I can’t use my Artizan Design minis to play Bolt Action, because they aren’t BA approved minis
Purple
Grizzly Madam

Post by Purple »

Jeremy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:01 pm because they aren’t BA approved minis
I pity da fool dat uses these figures!
I ain’t getting in no plane..... on the table! It’s got a 13inch firing range! Fool!
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

Frankly I think that's somewhat misrepresentating what I said. Nowhere did I say everyone who liked Perry figs or TFL rules was a fawning fanboy. Rather I mentioned that I had many many of the figures in question but was irritated by poor production values and uncritical acceptance. Some of you got rather hot under the collar I think.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Purple wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:17 pm
Jeremy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:01 pm because they aren’t BA approved minis
I pity da fool dat uses these figures!
I ain’t getting in no plane..... on the table! It’s got a 13inch firing range! Fool!
that made me chuckle
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Well frankly, calling anyone that is derogatory.
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

Jeremy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:30 pm Well frankly, calling anyone that is derogatory.
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. We are both entitled also to express our opinions. Frankly I think you are reading rather too much into a throw away expression, but that's your privilege also.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Yes, everyone is entitled to express their opinions, but those opinions should also go hand in hand with if you have nothing nice to say about someone, then rather don’t say anything at all.

Anyway, it’s pointless continuing the line of conversation as it’s not contributing anything to the general awesomeness of this forum
Jamanicus
Fallen Woman

Post by Jamanicus »

The only thing I'd add to this 'exchange' is that, as a relative 'Newb' to wargaming, sometimes the 'popular' rules and game-sets are what we are exposed to more quickly than anything else. I don't have the wisdom of the years, decades and seemingly centuries of experience, connections and 'knowledge' that some do.

All I'd say is that some newer members may get put off from becoming more active or putting themselves forward to participate in the conversation if they are made to feel that their opinions dont matter....thanks to a throwaway comments, which could quite easily be misinterpreted.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Everyone criticises things, I can remember someone not too far up on this thread expressing a dislike of shinies :) All it means is that everyone has separate likes and dislikes and that's healthy. otherwise we'd all be married to the same wargaming, permissive, understanding billionaire supermodel.