15mm Napoleonic

For your Wargames Wittering
vexillia
Fallen Woman

Re: 15mm Napoleonic

Post by vexillia »

If you ever need some artillery & Dutch cavalry ... https://www.vexillia.com/campaign/shop15_1815.html
Martin Stephenson :: Work | Blog | Auctions

tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

HMS Priapus wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:31 pm Let me know what you'd need to build your DBN armies -- I've got some excess Warmodelling, OG, and ABs - some Brits, Russians, AH, and Frogs. If they suit your plans I'm sure I can part with them for the cost of postage.
Ohh, ta. DbN units (around these parts) are 8 figures line on a 40x30 or 3 light or 4 heavy cavalry, or 2 if Cossack. Guns on 40x40. I only need a few bases worth to begin. Only plan on aquiring what I need rather than big bags of figs. If you have any spares in those quantaties let me know.
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

I'm sure I can at the very least get you a decent start -- I've got a boxful of extras from building my 1:20 units. Can you share list you're working from with me so I can check my inventory to see what matches?

tim.w wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:21 pm
HMS Priapus wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:31 pm Let me know what you'd need to build your DBN armies -- I've got some excess Warmodelling, OG, and ABs - some Brits, Russians, AH, and Frogs. If they suit your plans I'm sure I can part with them for the cost of postage.
Ohh, ta. DbN units (around these parts) are 8 figures line on a 40x30 or 3 light or 4 heavy cavalry, or 2 if Cossack. Guns on 40x40. I only need a few bases worth to begin. Only plan on aquiring what I need rather than big bags of figs. If you have any spares in those quantaties let me know.
Purple
Grizzly Madam

Post by Purple »

I like Essex
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Well with you and EB that makes 2 of you.

Oh you meant the company. Essex 15mms are nice, lancashires ones are ok too.
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Post by Ilkley Old School »

If you need some Old Guard I think I have the odd bag of Essex squirreled away. I think they are 8 fig per bag.

Does anyone do DBN with larger base or figure sizes ?
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

FreddBloggs wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:45 am Well with you and EB that makes 2 of you.

Oh you meant the company. Essex 15mms are nice, lancashires ones are ok too.
No, this is Purps. That’s probably NOT what it means
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

Looked through my extras - plenty of British infantry. Light BNs and rifle mostly, some French Hussars, and a bunch of Bavarians and other minor states. Happy to pass on any of these that may be of use to you.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

I need to mute this thread, with newfound painting mojo, I am getting ideas.....
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Post by Ilkley Old School »

For 15mm DBN I would probably increase everything by 50% and go for 60 by 40 bases with at least 12 Infantry, 6 heavy and 5 light Cavalry. You could also get 2 artillery pieces on a base as well.

It would also fit nicely on a 3ft wide kitchen table.

It just so happens I have a bunch of 15mm Naps in the shed so may give this a try.