The other ShedCon, 10th November 2018

For Loose Games & Shows.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: The other ShedCon, 10th November 2018

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

garyp wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:22 pm .....but the funniest moment for me was Peeler's face when the Zulu war chants suddenly burst out of the hitherto unnoticed Bluetooth speaker directly behind his head!
"'E's a Zulu, 716 - come to arrest the Peeler!" :thumbs:
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

That all looks rather magnificent, especially the ‘other shed’. I wonder what percentage of wargamers were inspired by ‘Zulu’?
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Slightly less than by Waterloo, but many.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

levied troop wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:44 pm That all looks rather magnificent, especially the ‘other shed’. I wonder what percentage of wargamers were inspired by ‘Zulu’?
I'm definitely in that group, that movie inspired me to make a hobby out of collecting and painting toy soldiers, and gave me an interest in Victoria's wars and the men who wore the redcoat. And thanks to GaryP I have had the opportunity to command some of the defenders of Rorke's Drift, wouldn't have missed it for anything.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

A tad late, but many thanks to Gary for putting on & running a top hole quality very much enjoyed game. And thanks to the other players too, especially EB whose impis were destroyed by my Mr Bromhead & his three sections holding the south wall. It was at times very close to call & I was surprised not to be overrun in short order. Well done all. 😁