The other ShedCon, 10th November 2018

For Loose Games & Shows.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Re: The other ShedCon, 10th November 2018

Post by Jeremy »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:19 am Or you could go native.....

https://www.ehow.com/info_7881401_list- ... foods.html
I’ve had all those in my time in SA. Amasi is the best hangover cure I’ve ever had. And I really enjoy drinking it even when I don’t have a hangover!
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Thanks to Gary for a cracking game. Despite killing many Welshmen, forcing my way into the compound and and setting fire to the hospital, losses in other parts of the battlefield saw the Zulu army morale crumble and we withdrew under the cover of darkness.

A well deserved win for the British and an immensely fun day. Time for a beer.

I’ll upload photos later.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Awesome game. Brilliant hosting, umpiring and catering by Gazza.

The redcoats were stalwart in defence and Zulu courage just wasn't quite enough. My shooting was vicious and took down a hell of a lot of zulus while Tim, Jamie and Peeler shot and bayoneted pretty much everything that came at them.

It was somehow both a tense fight and a light-hearted affair. Big thanks to EB for entertaining us as general Ugateway. He thoughtfully cleared up his side of the table before the game ended, with not a single Zulu left to clutter the place up.

Great day, beer o'clock beckons.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

It was a splendid game indeed.

Thank you to the British players, Peeler, Jamie and Dave, for shooting and bayoneting my Zulus so effectively (encouraged by Tim who held a different part of the compound).

It wasn't the Zulu's day. Jezza managed to break into the least defended section of wall, but Gary and I were rather mangled - my entire force had scarpered by the end of the game.

And an enormous thank you to Gary for putting on a great game, with marvellous catering, in superb facilities.

What's next then?

Iain
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Sounds an excellent game! With EB on typical Gateway form...

Looking forward to lots of pics.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Yet it was playing to his true strength, not a horse in sight.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Big thanks to EB for entertaining us as general Ugateway. He thoughtfully cleared up his side of the table before the game ended, with not a single Zulu left to clutter the place up.

Great day, beer o'clock beckons.
[/quote]

Please tell me you blacked him up and had him in zulu wear.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Essex Boy wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:00 pm What's next then?
Issue a VC to everyone with a Welsh name?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

A bloody marvellous game, with battle being joined early on as the Impi of Ugateway were lashed with lead, showing a marked reluctance to get to grips. Apparently they were counting our guns, I thought they were upstairs collecting fares myself. The gallant men of the 24th held their posts, and died at them too, but stalwartly refused to run from them. When it came to the fierce hand to hand fighting at the barricades the 24th proved that a "bayonet with some guts behind it" did the trick. The characters were faithful to their historical counterparts, and once again Hooky earned his VC. Colour Sergeant Bourne was a rock of courage. The peelers came and arrested the Zulu, and gave them a rousing rendition of "Men of Harlech". Those interested in numbers might like to know that British casualties were 17 in total, the same number as died at Kwa Jimu (Rorke's Drift) on January 22nd-23rd 1879. Welshmen will not yield.

Huge thanks to Gary for creating a superb game, and Mark, Dave and Jamie for joining me in the defence. Well done to the Zulu commanders for their bravery and courage in the attack, except those that ran away of course.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Looking forward to seeing the photos of this. Even if it will make me want to do some Zulus....and with Newline having a 25% off sale at the moment too :(