LAW in the NE

For Loose Games & Shows.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Re: LAW in the NE

Post by Buff Orpington »

Indeed, Grays is famous for its unrivalled collection of Renaissance art and the Cathedral is truly unique.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

I think that the Internet has finally accepted EB's view of Essex. I tried to search for famous people from Grays and it suggested Russel Brand, Moliere and the Indian prime minister.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

goat major wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:59 pm I'm struggling to think what there is to do and see in Florence that beats Grays
It's where I live.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Buff Orpington wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:11 pm I think that the Internet has finally accepted EB's view of Essex. I tried to search for famous people from Grays and it suggested Russel Brand, Moliere and the Indian prime minister.
What? No EB? Your search engine must be broken.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Mind you, I'm not from Grays originally.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

Essex Boy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 am Grizzles - I should have made it clear that "Florence", on this occasion, is the town of that name.

LT - yes. Fecking expensive humanity.
Florence is magnificent, I spent a week there in 2002 and never tired of it. Make sure you walk up to the Church of Santa Maria Novella - an incredible little edifice and cracking views of the city - and Machiavelli's office in the City Hall is not to be missed, in particular check the map on the wall. The walk to the top of the Duomo is not for the faint hearted, apparently the Italians don't believe in safety rails, but again, the view is cracking. Food and drink? oh yes!

Edit: just remembered the Palazzo de Pitti - some great Renaissance military paintings in there :D
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I love led my trip to Florence. Need to go back
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Buff Orpington wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:11 pm I think that the Internet has finally accepted EB's view of Essex. I tried to search for famous people from Grays and it suggested Russel Brand, Moliere and the Indian prime minister.
No mention of the international playboy and man of mystery who frequents this forum? :?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

levied troop wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:57 pm
Essex Boy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 am Grizzles - I should have made it clear that "Florence", on this occasion, is the town of that name.

LT - yes. Fecking expensive humanity.
Florence is magnificent, I spent a week there in 2002 and never tired of it. Make sure you walk up to the Church of Santa Maria Novella - an incredible little edifice and cracking views of the city - and Machiavelli's office in the City Hall is not to be missed, in particular check the map on the wall. The walk to the top of the Duomo is not for the faint hearted, apparently the Italians don't believe in safety rails, but again, the view is cracking. Food and drink? oh yes!

Edit: just remembered the Palazzo de Pitti - some great Renaissance military paintings in there :D
Thank's LT. I shall bear all this in mind, and not mention it to Debbie just yet.

Iain
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Jeremy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:39 pm I love led my trip to Florence. Need to go back
You let love lead you? You're just a big softy at heart, aren't you.