May Bank Holiday 2020

For Loose Games & Shows.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: May Bank Holiday 2020

Post by Essex Boy »

Peeler wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:39 pm That sounds like just a normal weekend for Ayton, with the exception of burning a few strangers at the wicker man.
Just a thought, that as we're doing the first weekend, just remember that the Monday won't be a Bank Holiday day off.
Not that I can give one, because I'm retired. 😁
Me too. I'm retired. I still apply for leave though.......of course, I always grant it (and then hope that D doesn't over rule me).
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Burn an extra person in the wicker man because of all that.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Essex Boy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:00 pm The main game is 18thC, but I'm sure that as usual other games will be on offer. Whatever games are played, the objective is an overarching sense of togetherness, common cause and shared enjoyment of the weekend.
Through a Sambuca fogged brain, I seem to remember all periods being allowed on the Saturday? If that is the case, I thought perhaps a Big CoC game might be in order? Something along the lines of Der Fuhrer acquiring a taste for Black Pudding with his breakfast in late 1939 and as a result, landing a force of German infantry at Southport in 1940 (and perhaps gliding some Falschirmjager into Bury (hint hint Andy)) so that they can capture the Bury Black Pudding Factory. Resisting them will be elements of the Bury Home Guard, the Royal Lancashire Fusiliers and whatever other forces people want to bring along to shoehorn into the scenario.

If there are enough takers, I'd be quite happy to run the planning and co-ordination. I should be able to supply a spare platoon for those who don't have forces.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Fancy a large Fallschirmjager in yer BUM?
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

In fact, I can probably provide two spare platoons
Purple
Grizzly Madam

Post by Purple »

Essex and WorldDave I’ll happily volunteer to put on a small 18thC table for you on the first day if you bare that in mind when your having your cosy get together.

Maybe a half day capture the bridge type Tabletop teaser or something.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Sounds good, I thought you were planning something involving boats?
Purple
Grizzly Madam

Post by Purple »

Yeah but that consists of work.
I’m going to be more chilled in wargaming this year,

I’m flexible though, whatever fits in (said Gaynor)
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Jeremy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:46 am
Essex Boy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:00 pm The main game is 18thC, but I'm sure that as usual other games will be on offer. Whatever games are played, the objective is an overarching sense of togetherness, common cause and shared enjoyment of the weekend.
Through a Sambuca fogged brain, I seem to remember all periods being allowed on the Saturday? If that is the case, I thought perhaps a Big CoC game might be in order? Something along the lines of Der Fuhrer acquiring a taste for Black Pudding with his breakfast in late 1939 and as a result, landing a force of German infantry at Southport in 1940 (and perhaps gliding some Falschirmjager into Bury (hint hint Andy)) so that they can capture the Bury Black Pudding Factory. Resisting them will be elements of the Bury Home Guard, the Royal Lancashire Fusiliers and whatever other forces people want to bring along to shoehorn into the scenario.

If there are enough takers, I'd be quite happy to run the planning and co-ordination. I should be able to supply a spare platoon for those who don't have forces.
I'm sure it will be splendid. One teeny thing.......there is absolutely no 'allowing' going on. In the words of the song "do anything you want to do". The aim is to somehow link all the various activities over the weekend so that we can all rejoice in a shared experience.
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

I'm happy to contribute figures, a game and/or umpiring. Can do 18th century, a naval action (although might need a few extra ships if there's a lot of players) or something colonial or medieval.
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.