May Bank Holiday 2020

For Loose Games & Shows.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Re: May Bank Holiday 2020

Post by Jeremy »

It was discussed over beers at lunch at my place this weekend. Nothing concrete as yet Paul
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

It's on our list, Paul. Probably put there after a chat if there's nothing on the forum.
Edit ....there you go. I didn't read Jezza's comment before replying.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Sorry my fault I didn't know games were already being proposed :(
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Paul I’ve given a concept to Iain and Dave but will wait for them to be happy it would fit in with their overall thoughts and structure first. Once they’re ready I’ll put more on here and pimp for players. It was only mentioned in passing at the weekend - nothing even vaguely firm at the moment.
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

If the Sunday game is going to be 18th Century my preference would be to have an option for the same on Saturday or to play a game similar to the Lion Rampant game. Nothing against anything else but it would simplify the preparation.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

I'm guessing that, if we have multiple games on the Saturday tied into an overall theme, the figures for those games would be provided by the game organiser. It would a bugger having to ship all my 18th century stuff as well as crateloads of stuff for 2 other games - my car isn't big enough! 😀😀😀😀
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

My head is hurting having read through this. As I understood it, the original idea was for a series of linked games on Saturday which would tie into an overall scenario/campaign leading to a large game on Sunday. The setting was to be 18th century, and I was hoping it would be a New World setting. Has this changed?
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Tim Hall wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:00 pm My head is hurting having read through this. As I understood it, the original idea was for a series of linked games on Saturday which would tie into an overall scenario/campaign leading to a large game on Sunday. The setting was to be 18th century, and I was hoping it would be a New World setting. Has this changed?
I can't fault your understanding, Tim. No decision has been made about the setting of the 18thC game but I am aware of your preference.

Iain
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Iain and Dave, regardless of the setting for the 18th Century game, once you have sorted out the Saturday games, it may be worthwhile listing the options for Saturday so people can indicate which they would want to play in (thus giving an idea to the organizers of the size required and those games that don’t have critical mass can be scrapped). Obviously there is no rush for this as we have plenty of time.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Yes, we'll certainly be doing this to help people decide what they'd like to play and allow organisers to plan their game capacity, etc.
More in a few weeks, great that people are as enthusiastic as ever!