Ayton 2nd-5th May 2025

For Loose Games & Shows.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton 2nd-5th May 2025

Post by Essex Boy »

The Lodge are promising to undercut Booking.Com's price by 10%. Not a bad deal, but I suspect that will be, unlike the B.C terms, non refundable. I suggest making certain that breakfasts and refunds are included in the deal if you can.

I'll copy this to the Ayton in November 2024 thread.

E
Pemble
Loose Virgin

Post by Pemble »

I received an email from the Lodge stating I could get 10% discount and a free bottle of wine if I rebooked directly within 90 days.

I assume it's because I did book through Bookings.Com and the Lodge are keen to avoid me booking through them in future and thus avoid the charges they would have to pay.

Shame they do not want to encourage further trade from a bunch of people that book multiple rooms and drink the bar dry - but I suppose they don't need to as we're always there (says the newbie)
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

If I were to be honest I wish there was somewhere else to stay!
For less than the price we pay for the lodge we had a week away in early April at a Country House hotel, where the price included cinema, games room, swimming pool a choice of three restaurants and various activities typical of the Scottish Highlands.
Since the pandemic it doesn't seem good value, especially as most of the rooms don't seem to get internet FFS!
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

If you dont mind paper plates and wooden cutlery the refugee hostel wasnt bad. There's a pool, though it's derelict but they have a working piano in the foyer.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

By way of comparison, the Booking.Com price for four nights B&B at the Lodge in November comes in at £400.00 (ish). If the Lodge will match the B.C deal less 10%, i.e for £360, that's a good price these days. I doubt they'll include a bottle of wine though!

Needless to say, the Lodge's November prices aren't on line yet (arrrrrggggggh) but I suspect a 10% discount on the Lodge's price will be more than £360.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

There is a hotel/Inn at Seamer.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

November is not going to be possible for me this year, although I may try to get down for a day trip on one of the days, depending on circumstances.
Jamanicus
Hasty Harlot

Post by Jamanicus »

The Mayfield Seamer seems nice and on booking.com currently looks to be £88 vs £96 for the Saturday night in November