Ayton 15th-17th November 2024

For Loose Games & Shows.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton 15th-17th November 2024

Post by goat major »

Given that there has been very little positive response to moving back to the Hall and that the Lodge doesn't seem overloaded, I propose that we now call the matter closed and stay at the Lodge.

Pretend Mr Hall had never posted (situation normal....)
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

goat major wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:51 am Given that there has been very little positive response to moving back to the Hall and that the Lodge doesn't seem overloaded, I propose that we now call the matter closed and stay at the Lodge.

Pretend Mr Hall had never posted (situation normal....)
I heard that Mr T.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

goat major wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:51 am Given that there has been very little positive response to moving back to the Hall and that the Lodge doesn't seem overloaded, I propose that we now call the matter closed and stay at the Lodge.
I agree with Simon.

I don't know how long Peeler was allowing for comment, but no doubt he'll be along soon.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

I'm along! Well I don't know, I don't mind either really, but the Lodge dies have a nice all inclusive feel to it, esp as we can't have the Hall on the Friday afternoon/evening. So, am I getting it right that we are sticking with the Lodge then?

Oh as for games, I think some of us care doing a DBN? Not sure quite who, or what day .....
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

I'm interpreting Paragraph 1 as a final decision
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

goat major wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:03 pm I'm interpreting Paragraph 1 as a final decision
Me to. That's leadership that is.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

My plans for the weekend are to play some 1/72 World War Two, Normandy campaign. I shall require a 10' x 5' table if possible, though I could make do with 8' x 5'. I believe at present, EB is joining me in this. Rules will be Rapid Fire Reloaded, for simple fast play.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

goat major wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:51 am Pretend Mr Hall had never posted (situation normal....)
Sorry, I'm confused - I thought Peeler was "Mr Hall".....
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Tim Hall wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:42 pm My plans for the weekend are to play some 1/72 World War Two, Normandy campaign. I shall require a 10' x 5' table if possible, though I could make do with 8' x 5'. I believe at present, EB is joining me in this. Rules will be Rapid Fire Reloaded, for simple fast play.
Yes, I'm joining your WWII games. Ta.

On the Saturday Gary's Hail Caesar game has first dibs on a 5' x 12' set up in the Breakfast Room, so the WWII may only have a 5' x 8'. Also on the Saturday, I'm hoping that Pemps and I can squeeze on a Saga game in the Nook. I'm thinking that might be an evening game perhaps.

On the Friday I'm assuming two 5' x 8's for the 42mm Shiny game and Simon's 10mm AWI.

Sunday is still a little unclear, but with the Lace Hulk occupying the Nook, we'll have room for another 5' x 8' or 5' x 12' in the Breakfast Room.
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

If anyone fancies a smaller Hail Caesar game on the Sunday, I'm happy to do a Trojan Wars bash.

Or for a more light-hearted version we could use my Lion/Dragon Rampant adaptation for the Trojan wars.

Both would fit easily on 8' x 5'. Does anyone have a desert cloth I could borrow?
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.