Invasion of Cuba 1762 4th test game

For Loose Games & Shows.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Invasion of Cuba 1762 4th test game

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

This game was shore to ship and ship to shore artillery exercise, using my improved and simplified firing.
Artillery.
Artillery may fire 22.5 degrees left or right.
Artillery adds +1 to each dice if the target is less than six inches away.
Artillery deduct -1 from each of their dice if the target is over twelve inches.
Artillery deduct -2 from each of their dice if the target is over twenty four inches away.
Artillery in redoughts and fortress artillery do not retreat but receive hits. (This applies to ships, landing barges and ships boats also).
2 inches = 1 damage, 4 inches = 2 damage, 6 inches = destroyed.
Firing 1 damage -1 on firing dice, 2 damage -2 on firing dice on cannons.
Landing barges and ships boats move back 1 to 5 inches when hits are received.
Artillery does not fight in a melee and is deemed to be overrun and removed from the game.

Ran the first 4 moves of the landing 4 times,
1st Run - British lost 3 landing barges. Spanish lost 3 cannons.
2nd Run British lost 1 landing barge. Spanish lost 2 cannons.
3rd Run british lost 5 landing barges. Spanish lost 1 cannon. (50% British loss of the first wave)
4th Run British lost 2 landing barges. Spanish lost 3 cannons
This was all before any troops were engaged in combat, so I don't think either sides canons are too powerful.
Both sides do need to combine fire from 2 cannons onto one target to cause max damage quickly.

Thie the fort and layout I will use for the game with the shore batteries on a slight hill.

Some extra photos at the end for Valleyboy, the wife said they are not at their best.

Begonias for Valleyboy.

Willz.
Last edited by Willz the Wargamer on Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Invasion of Cuba 1762 4th test game

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Before I saw the "Begonias for Valleyboy" caption, I was thinking you'd gone a bit overboard with the basing.....

What percentage/proportion of the British landing barge fleet is constituted by the 5 barges lost in the 3rd Run? I assume that you have made provision to overcome severe losses in the first wave that might stymie the whole game?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:35 am Before I saw the "Begonias for Valleyboy" caption, I was thinking you'd gone a bit overboard with the basing.....

What percentage/proportion of the British landing barge fleet is constituted by the 5 barges lost in the 3rd Run? I assume that you have made provision to overcome severe losses in the first wave that might stymie the whole game?
I meant to put up it was a 50% loss to the British first wave, my idea was to have a second wave on turn 3 -5.

Willz.
Spanner
Gaynor

Post by Spanner »

It looks good, Willz. But how will the players find the boats and figures inside all that shrubbery?
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Spanner wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:12 am It looks good, Willz. But how will the players find the boats and figures inside all that shrubbery?
:-D just add your own of a Monty Python quote here :-D

Willz.
Panzer21
First Base

Post by Panzer21 »

Looking good Willz, thanks for sharing on the VWC.
Neil