What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: What are people buying?

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I've also got a full-size squad on bicycles from B/Games (who also make the elephant, btw).
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Stop it.. I now have to go find a 3d print file for an elephant... and a mahout... :)
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

I went into town today partly on a geocache hunt but also to see if a book on Napoleonic Wargaming was still in a 2nd hand bookshop for £2. The guys at the club tipped us all off on faceybee about it being in the window, someone else got there first. I also wanted to show my face in the model shops, both were pleased to see the return of a favourite cash cow. Only bought a small pair of pliers for straightening up bent figures and horses. Still, it was nice to browse again. Prices seem to have gone up and a lot of stuff is stuck in Suez still.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:46 pm
Shahbahraz wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:19 am And I'm going to have to buy some more Warlord Japanese WW2 plastics for gun crew etc.
Yes - you need at least two boxes-worth for a full-strength early war platoon, which is around 65 all ranks. I bought one box and a load of sprues in a sale. I also got a load of Brigade Games stuff as they tend to have bigger gun crews, more variety of poses, and a wider range of guns. Somewhere or other, I have a hephalump + mahout for a Jap deployment point.
If you're feeling flush Eureka have just released some very nice Japanese. http://www.eurekamin.com.au/news.php?ne ... VZNIgtgYHT
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

I know, but as all the rest are TAG and Warlord plastics, I would end up feeling like I should replace them all, and that would be annoying, since I only just finished painting them.

BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

The thing on the end of the A/T broomstick looks just like an attachment for my wife's hairdryer.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Have you considered your wife may secretly be preparing to close assault police vehicles with a shaped charge on a stick?

Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

That's my pledge manager filled in for the Barons War 3 Kickstarter......roll on September so that I can add another big pile to the big Barons War pile from KS 1 and 2. I need to get some games organised so that i'm forced to paint things up!
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Etranger wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:18 am
BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:46 pm
Shahbahraz wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:19 am And I'm going to have to buy some more Warlord Japanese WW2 plastics for gun crew etc.
Yes - you need at least two boxes-worth for a full-strength early war platoon, which is around 65 all ranks. I bought one box and a load of sprues in a sale. I also got a load of Brigade Games stuff as they tend to have bigger gun crews, more variety of poses, and a wider range of guns. Somewhere or other, I have a hephalump + mahout for a Jap deployment point.
If you're feeling flush Eureka have just released some very nice Japanese. http://www.eurekamin.com.au/news.php?ne ... VZNIgtgYHT
Ohh, I have a loyalty card for Kosta!
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Paul wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:56 pm I need to get some games organised so that i'm forced to paint things up!
Ayton 2024?
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done