Understanding postage / tax to and from the EU

For traders and such to entice us to open our wallets
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Re: Understanding postage / tax to and from the EU

Post by Peeler »

Willz post is a good example of telling it like it is, without being political. Let's call it 'The Willz Standard' & do our best to emulate it, difficult though, I understand, it sometimes is. 🙂
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

excellent Willz, thank you for sharing Ian's post.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

As I wish to purchase items from the EU I am trying to understand the changes and help others do the same.

Not point in politicalizing our hobby, if I was into politics I would be prime minster more likely dictator as if I had
power I would want it all and would have destroyed all my opponents. So I steer away from public service as
power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority. :moredrink:

Willz.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

A very good description of how the postal system should be working. Like was said the UK has been doing it like this for a while now and the EU delayed doing the same.
The problem that has occurred is when traders refuse to take off the local tax before charging so customers have paid taxes twice.
Hopefully now the two systems are in alignment this will stop but I was shocked that some don't seem to understand that they should do that!