Ayton 15th-17th November 2024

For Loose Games & Shows.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton 15th-17th November 2024

Post by Count Belisarius »

Are the Lodge going to be annoyed if we pull out? Though assume we would still use them Friday?
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Essex Boy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:06 pm
Tim Hall wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:16 pm
Just to throw a spanner into the works, if those are the attending numbers, 10 plus Paul on one day, then we have reached the minimum number for the village hall. Just saying. :) :) :) :) :) :)
I'm going to give you such a slap!

I know, and I doubtless deserve it. Sorry. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Count Belisarius wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:43 pm Are the Lodge going to be annoyed if we pull out? Though assume we would still use them Friday?
I don't think the Lodge would care one way or another because it doesn't impact on the room bookings, and Friday should still be OK. We could loose a little credibility I suppose if we changed the plan at the last minute.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Essex Boy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:31 pm The hall booking is down to Peeler of course, so I'll drop him a note in case he hasn't seen this thread lately.

This is what we said back on 20 May....

Right oh. This is important.......
I've had a chat with our leader, Mr Peeler, and we agree that it wouldn't be fair on other potential users of the village hall if we booked the hall now only to cancel later in the year. It's right and proper to have a cut off date for our deliberations so, if only to maintain good relations with the hall's committee......
Unless there are sufficient definite attendees by 31 May, the hall booking will be cancelled.

By 8 June we hadn't reached the 10 definite commitments to attend, so the hall booking was cancelled.

If he can get the hall that would be great, but is a bit late in the day. Presumably, those of us who are now committed to attend (except Paul, who's only popping in) will be happy to pay their share even if they're a no show for some reason?
All good and valid points. If it is possible to book it again, it might be an idea to get the money paid up front, then if people don't show it's not an issue for the survivors. On the plus side it would mean that games can be left set up overnight and also give us more table space.

I throw myself on the mercy of the court and quietly await my sentence.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Tim Hall wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:39 pm
Essex Boy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:06 pm
Tim Hall wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:16 pm
Just to throw a spanner into the works, if those are the attending numbers, 10 plus Paul on one day, then we have reached the minimum number for the village hall. Just saying. :) :) :) :) :) :)
I'm going to give you such a slap!

I know, and I doubtless deserve it. Sorry. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
:-D See you Tuesday.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Tim Hall wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:43 pm

All good and valid points. If it is possible to book it again, it might be an idea to get the money paid up front, then if people don't show it's not an issue for the survivors. On the plus side it would mean that games can be left set up overnight and also give us more table space.

I throw myself on the mercy of the court and quietly await my sentence.
It's in Peeler's hands now.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I think I should have included Martin on the list
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Essex Boy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:42 pm
Count Belisarius wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:43 pm Are the Lodge going to be annoyed if we pull out? Though assume we would still use them Friday?
I don't think the Lodge would care one way or another because it doesn't impact on the room bookings, and Friday should still be OK. We could loose a little credibility I suppose if we changed the plan at the last minute.
We had credibility? Who knew...
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Count Belisarius wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:53 pm
Essex Boy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:42 pm
We had credibility? Who knew...
I avoided giving your name.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

I'm more than happy to pay a "day rate" if I can get down.
Although I will be "that guy" and say that caution should be exercised before deciding to definitely book the hall and cancel the lodge. It's quite a hefty financial difference for those who already might be thinking it's an expensive weekend especially if one or two of those expected drop out (maybe because of the cost increase)?