Ayton 15th-17th November 2024

For Loose Games & Shows.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton 15th-17th November 2024

Post by Essex Boy »

Paul wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:55 pm I'm more than happy to pay a "day rate" if I can get down.
Although I will be "that guy" and say that caution should be exercised before deciding to definitely book the hall and cancel the lodge. It's quite a hefty financial difference for those who already might be thinking it's an expensive weekend especially if one or two of those expected drop out (maybe because of the cost increase)?
Wise words.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Right you 'orrible lot. I've gone through it all again. .... Mr Hall, I blame you personally 😁

It's booked out to the Astronomical's on the Friday evening until about 11ish, so we could have it all day Saturday and Sunday until our usual tea time, at a cost of £340 (divide by ten, or more if some are also coming just for the day).

Sort yourselves out and post up your choice, Hall or Lodge 🙂
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Lodge please.

I'm likely just doing Sunday.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Peeler wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:12 pm Right you 'orrible lot. I've gone through it all again. .... Mr Hall, I blame you personally 😁

It's booked out to the Astronomical's on the Friday evening until about 11ish, so we could have it all day Saturday and Sunday until our usual tea time, at a cost of £340 (divide by ten, or more if some are also coming just for the day).

I shall have to shoulder that burden. I am quite happy to pay for the use of the hall, but as a believer in democracy I shall abide by the will of the majority. It may well be that the cost of the hall coupled with accommodation costs might be too much for people. In my defence I only raised it as our numbers seemed to be greater than first thought.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

I'm more than happy to pay the extra for the hall on Saturday and Sunday. Also happy to pay upfront if that helps at all
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

If half the other attendees are happy to pay for the hall then I'll also happily pay.

E
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

My budget is a bit tight for the weekend so my preference would be for the Lodge but I'm sure I'll manage if the Hall is the choice.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Peeler wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:12 pm Right you 'orrible lot. I've gone through it all again. .... Mr Hall, I blame you personally 😁

Just bringing Peelers question back to the front....
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

It was decided to move the event to the lodge earlier in the summer.

Unless there's a reason why the Lodge is now unsuitable (I don't think I've seen that...) then let's not keep chopping and changing.
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

That decision was made, I believe, because the numbers committing to the weekend didn't justify the cost of the hall. Given that we've now got around a dozen attendees I think it reasonable to reconsider - what's the maximum number that would be comfortable in the Lodge? How many tables can we set up? (I think we need a couple of 10-12ft by 6ft tables on the Saturday at least). If the answers to both of those are satisfactory then we may not need the hall (which will save each of us the cost of half a round of drinks in the lodge bar) but if not, or it looks like being a squeeze, then it's worth considering.
Just my two pennies worth.
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.