ECW....Pike & Shotte?

For your Wargames Wittering
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Re: ECW....Pike & Shotte?

Post by Jeremy »

I suppose it’s a generational thing. The old farts cling desperately to what they know, whilst us youngsters source our info from new and varying sources. :lol:

I haven’t logged onto PMT probably in about 3 years. I found wading through the shit to get to the info needed not to be worth the effort. Social media - Twitter and secondarily, FB rules specific pages are a good source for me if I want to ask a direct question. I still use Google as my initial go-to though.
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

Jeremy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:37 pm I suppose it’s a generational thing. The old farts cling desperately to what they know, whilst us youngsters source our info from new and varying sources. :lol:

I haven’t logged onto PMT probably in about 3 years. I found wading through the shit to get to the info needed not to be worth the effort. Social media - Twitter and secondarily, FB rules specific pages are a good source for me if I want to ask a direct question. I still use Google as my initial go-to though.
You Youngsters & your new-fangled internet!
I am reminded how, many years ago when Facebook was just raising its ugly head, at a meeting at work our employers' position on Facebook was made clear.

We were told it was the haunt of the socially inadequate and perverts & we were warned not to go onto it.

Whilst I am sure this is at least something of an exaggeration, I have never indulged in the dubious pleasure of Facebook. But you go right ahead, Jeremy. :P

donald
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Socially inadequate perverts. And yet you hang out on here every day? :shock:
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Jeremy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:49 pm Socially inadequate perverts. And yet you hang out on here every day? :shock:
But he doesn't hang out on the site he was told was the haunt of the "socially inadequate perverts". He hangs out here instead where he might suspect the same but hasn't had it confirmed by a third party. :D
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

To be fair, most of us had had our suspicions confirmed by what occurred during the first two parties.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Paul wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:10 pm
Jeremy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:49 pm Socially inadequate perverts. And yet you hang out on here every day? :shock:
But he doesn't hang out on the site he was told was the haunt of the "socially inadequate perverts". He hangs out here instead where he might suspect the same but hasn't had it confirmed by a third party. :D
You don't need a third party when you have it first hand.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:13 pm To be fair, most of us had had our suspicions confirmed by what occurred during the first two parties.
Parties? What parties? And why wasn't I invited?
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Essex Boy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:13 am You don't need a third party when you have it first hand.
There's such a thing as being too close to something, which is why counsellors and psychologists aren't supposed to treat friends and family. Or to put it another way: When you're in a cult you normally don't realise until someone else points it out.

The cult of Ayton* already has a mantra:
"Paint more figures, paint more figures, rebase, rebase, rebase. Ahhhhhhhhhhh"

*and if you misread that and thought I was referring to Peeler, go and stand in the corner and have a word with yourself.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Essex Boy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:15 am
BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:13 pm To be fair, most of us had had our suspicions confirmed by what occurred during the first two parties.
Parties? What parties? And why wasn't I invited?
You were,but your sat nav got you lost.

Don't feel bad Peeler missed them to, he was a week late, a good trick as they were at his place.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Paul wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:25 am .....go and stand in the corner and have a word with yourself.
Yes, but which one?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.