Berry regiment 20/22mm

For your gaming pictures & links.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Berry regiment 20/22mm

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

These are from an unknown figure manufacturer.
Finished these today painted as the Berry regiment, flags by David at "Not by Appointment".
Bought them off fleabay a few weeks ago, they were advertised as 25/28mm figures but when they arrived
they are 20/22mm. However I like them and they should fit in with my 20mm figures.
If not they will go to fleabay.

The standard bearers were a pain in the arse as the flags were cast on and I tried to paint
the flags but I failed, so I cut them off and added wire poles. The flag that was left wrapped around the
the standard bearer was painted grey to fool the eye as a blanket or overcoat.

Work in progress.

RSM grenadiers wip.

20mm wip.

Willz.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Berry regiment 20/22mm

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Lucky you managed to preserve those standard bearers or you might have been in a jam - all in all, Berry well done!

(Just a thought, but did you consider converting the remnants of the cast-on flag into the oilskin case the standard was usually stored inside?)
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:31 pm Lucky you managed to preserve those standard bearers or you might have been in a jam - all in all, Berry well done!

(Just a thought, but did you consider converting the remnants of the cast-on flag into the oilskin case the standard was usually stored inside?)
Cheers Baron,
I never thought that I may well do it later.
Good idea.

Willz.
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

Rather nice!

I'd love to know what manufacturer. They look very compatible with Wodenfield.

cheers, donald
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

They've come up nicely, mate.

I had a scan back through the old Spanner and the Yank files but didn't find any 20mm figures like those. However Bataillenfeur Games' castings have some similarities, especially the heads and hats, and are a closer match than the other 20mm stuff we looked at. But that was back in 2003 or so, and there's a lot of miniature companies come and gone since then.
Attachments
bf2.jpg
bf2.jpg (25.74 KiB) Viewed 693 times
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Cheers for all your kind comments and support.
Donald I thought that they were Wodenfeld but I found no match?
Still none the wiser.

Willz.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I suspect these might be a bunch of figures I sold at auction a few months back. I never managed to identify the figures, despite asking peeps on this forum - clever bunch.

They are very close in character to 25mm Rafm Indian Wars figures, but I couldn't see them in any catalogue. Ral Partha possibly? Definitely not Wodensfeld.

Very nice paint job, Willz.

Iain
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Agreed - I have some Wodensfeld ASW/SYW French and they don't look like them at all.

Based on the "Usain Bolt/hamstring stretch" pose in the above photo, I was wondering if they were anything to do with Essex (as in the company, not the fellow forum member)?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:33 am

Based on the "Usain Bolt/hamstring stretch" pose in the above photo, I was wondering if they were anything to do with Essex (as in the company, not the fellow forum member)?
I believe you're referring to Spanner's photo. They are not the same make as Willz'z figures, nor are they Essex, I see what you mean re the Usain Bolt - Essex can be rather pointy figures.

This is very annoying. I agnonised over the source of these figures for weeks.....I thought I'd put it all behind me.

E
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Essex Boy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:50 pm
I believe you're referring to Spanner's photo. They are not the same make as Willz'z figures, nor are they Essex, I see what you mean re the Usain Bolt - Essex can be rather pointy figures.

This is very annoying. I agnonised over the source of these figures for weeks.....I thought I'd put it all behind me.

E
Sorry to cause you wargaming PTSD (Post toy soldier depression) Iain.
I have taken a hammer to them and dumped them on a golf course :-D
No not really it's bugging me also, I am sure I saw the make on a blog??????????

Willz.