Whiskey/Hotel game 2019 - Day 1.

For Loose Games & Shows.
tim.w
Jezebel

Whiskey/Hotel game 2019 - Day 1.

Post by tim.w »

I've been in touch with Hotel over the weekend and he is keen to cut his teeth in Kumbahyah, given that he painted up some stuff and made some buildings it would be a shame not to see them crumble under the weight of President N'dahwehlahweh's People's Popular Revolutionary Front. Though that might happen sooner in sunny Framlingham?

So, I'd like to table a few options and if there are any players would would rather have a non VBCW option they would be warmly welcome. Myself and Hotel were keen on the main game though and if there's the chance of an insersion force on day 2 then that could be a doer?

1. A return to Kumbahyah to oust the despot N'dahwehlaweh

2. Early Medieval - Saga V2 or Lion Rampant, I could supply a spare army, or two if playing Saga.

3. Greek Wars - Probably Dragon Rampant - Ken and Paul's idea! I'm really keen as it gives me an excuse to buy a new period and one I've been interested in.

4. Colonial 1/32's - the Camel Corps have been waiting to see action for some time! I'm tempted to leave this until our 10th anniversary as a special! It has the potential to be pretty epic and might need two days?
Last edited by tim.w on Wed May 16, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Re: Whiskey/Hotel game 2019

Post by Buff Orpington »

I'm already committed to the VBCW game for next year, scenery & troops on the go. Fram would be a possibility for me to return to Kumbahyah.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

If we can persuade Hotel to do another Fram I would think it might be likely we'll see another modernesque skirmish, this is why I'm inclined to do just day 1 of Ayton. My current thought for day 2. is a game of thrones style large skirmish, with pick up and play rules along the lines of what we normally do. No real historical period but an imaginations realm where factions can be created. I would prepare event cards as we did this year, which seemed to work very well and add much more of a narrative than if we just used a published set.
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

tim.w wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:20 am

1. A return to Kumbahyah to oust the despot N'dahwehlaweh
Okay, first, “despot”? Rude, and not even true.

For example: last year, Amnesty International issued a damning report of the tyrant M’Timbo’s oppressive regime.
But this year Comrade General President N’Dahwehlahweh is confident that nothing at all will be heard from the inspection team!

Ex-president M’Timbo is, however, cordially invited to come and have a go if he believes himself to be possessed of sufficient hardness.

2: I’m up for any and all other options if there’s a prevailing preference.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Restoring the rule of law to the troubled province of Kumbahyah certainly appeals to me, and some fantasy style swords and stuff would be a good wind down for day 2. Would that be in the true scale of 1/32 for the knights and stuff?
As for a Fram game, inspired by missing out on Ayton I am investigating the possibilities for October this year.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

The medieval game ould be 28mm, as I have a growing collection that needs some action.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

With EB stepping down from VBCW I would welcome at least a day in sunny not-Africa. If the Rhodies don't fit with what's ultimately intended it is possible that the thorn in Rhodelelands side, 'Bishop' Dennis N'Duna might be hiding out with his followers, somewhere in Kumbayah.

I might be able to convince Ken to do a day of Trojan Rampant too if that was suitable for Day 2?
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Kumbahyah Day 1. It is.

We've time to decide on day 2.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Can I just say, that it would be nice to keep the whole thing at the sort of low level intensity you guys achieved over the weekend. Obviously some more scenario elements, but let's not go for an arms race overkill.
Last edited by Tim Hall on Mon May 07, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

And on a personal note, I was enormously chuffed to see the triumph of simple rules and the Hotel/Whiskey free style playing ethos producing a terrific narrative game with tons of fun incident.