Grizzly Madam

Re: WW2 Weekend - 8th June 2019

Post by Norman D. Landings »

MOAR SPANDAU
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

That was a fun, fun day. Lots of laughs during the game, especially around Norm’s force morale and then him burning a CoC dice for no reason (along with Simon telling him in great detail about how he will be shipping Norm to the Eastern Front with Mad Boris the Rapist), then the seemingly unending way the random events punished Simon early on in the game, to Jamie’s face when he listened to Simon and charged his troops, only to see how many dice Simon was rolling.

We even survived beers at ‘The Dungeon’ before a great Chinese meal and then ended a wonderful evening with many G&T’s at the railway pub.

Thanks to you guys for traveling so far and making it an awesome day, if there is sufficient interest, we will definitely do a repeat!
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Buff Orpington wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:47 pm OK, time for the LaW "Name That Crotch" competition.
4 male and 1 female?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Great game ! Still waiting for norms postcard from the frozen lakeside at Leningrad.
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

An excellent weekend all-round.

Great game of big CoC. The Brits may have been lucky to get any sort of draw, but with the casualties we suffered we'll take what we can get. Very nice terrain and figures and big thanks to Jeremy for the scenario and all the prep.

Superb hospitality too; food, drink and being driven to and fro. All much appreciated. As with all LAW get-togethers the social side was equally enjoyable and we had an excellent evening talking hobby, rubbish and filth. Basically a face to face version of the forum. :)

I'll definitely be up for another gaming weekend in Bury next year, and will await the summons!
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

It was a trifle saucy, was it not?
Still think the dildo bag is a viable submission for Dragon’s Den.
Jeremy’s spaniels are ADORABLE! Who’s a fierce puppy, then?
Home made Saffer cuisine was sensational.
German engineers are a bolshie pack of clunge-monkeys and I blame them for turning a nice safe well-ordered plan into a scrappy last-minute nail-biter. Dicks.
I am (reasonably) confident of weaselling my way out of the cattle truck. Maybe not immediately. I don’t want Boris to think our time together meant nothing.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

That all sounds like tremendous fun. And spaniels thrown in as well!
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

So, someone threw a spaniel into the works. (Or am I thinking of a Spaniard?)

Btw, Jeremy gets an honourable mention on the latest Too Fat Lardies podcast (#20). Something to do with either an armoured car, or some weathering powders?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.