Wild Life?

For your Wargames Wittering
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Re: Wild Life?

Post by grizzlymc »

Interesting, I was having a conversation about something similar on LinkedIn.

You step out of your lander on a new planet, prospecting for the minerals required for the robot builders to prepare the station for the second wave in 20 years time.

After you have become addicted to the lobsters, the exo biologist say that they have intelligence somewhere between human and dolphin and their right claw is partially evolved into something resembling an opposable thumb.

More thermidor, I say.

Then you find that, on other continents they have domesticated a number of animal and plant species and are storing food in clay pots and living in villages.

I reckon that's the point where you, regretfully, stop eating them and start getting them to sign away their rights in a treaty for a handful of fish paste.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Norman D. Landings wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:50 pm I do have one of those garden flammenwerfers. It’s good fun.
Is that the X200 thing? I have one of those and once they get going they make a noise like a jet engine....fantastic :)
MarshalNey
Gaynor

Post by MarshalNey »

regretfully, stop eating them and start getting them to sign away their rights in a treaty for a handful of fish paste.
Ahh, civilization.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Absoutely. If we let the intergalactic bureaucracy establish a protectorate, our colonisers will never get to defrost.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

grizzlymc wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 am Interesting, I was having a conversation about something similar on LinkedIn.

You step out of your lander on a new planet, prospecting for the minerals required for the robot builders to prepare the station for the second wave in 20 years time.

After you have become addicted to the lobsters, the exo biologist say that they have intelligence somewhere between human and dolphin and their right claw is partially evolved into something resembling an opposable thumb.

More thermidor, I say.

Then you find that, on other continents they have domesticated a number of animal and plant species and are storing food in clay pots and living in villages.

I reckon that's the point where you, regretfully, stop eating them and start getting them to sign away their rights in a treaty for a handful of fish paste.

The way the earth is at the moment I half expect to arrive and start farming humans as food as we are not a truly evolved intelligent species.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

It is a worry. One man's politician is another's lobster.
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

grizzlymc wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 am Interesting, I was having a conversation about something similar on LinkedIn.

More thermidor, I say.

Aren’t you supposed to be using LinkedIn for professional networking?
You know, the same way we’re supposed to use LAW for wargamOoooh, okay, fair point.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

I use LinkedIn to make my inferiors miserable. A HUGE task, but one at a time.
MarshalNey
Gaynor

Post by MarshalNey »

start farming humans as food
I wouldn't mind "eating" Bettany Hughes! LOL!
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

😮