Muster Miniatures?

For traders and such to entice us to open our wallets
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Re: Muster Miniatures?

Post by FreddBloggs »

Until the UK has left the eu, other than bare outlines a trade deal cannot be discussed in detail, because until the 2 countries know what regulations will or will not apply, there is no point.

In 2016 aus did 27billion in trade with the uk, out of 69billion with the eu, aus is better off with its eu trade deal than a uk one.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

grizzlymc wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:31 pm
Paul wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:22 pm Because whilst we are still in the EU we are not permitted to discuss trade deals independently.
I've seen that argument it's false. You can't consummate a trade deal, but you can discuss what you like. I think Aus would have been happy to cut a deal which took effect on 1/4/19.
Under EU Regulations any member states must have the same trade deals. Whilst the UK is still in the EU they could be subject to 'sanctions' if they attempted to negotiate a deal with anyone else.
There is of course a grey area surrounding what constitutes trade discussions and like FB says it would, at least in part, be discussing things from a position of unknown origins!
The exception would be if the UK committed itself to a no deal Brexit, which would make sanctions under EU rules difficult and provide a known starting point. But even then it's a complicated legal issue.
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

Don’t wait for legislation.... I’m more than willing to be a suave international miniatures smuggler!

I’ll need a business class ticket, a suitcase full of Ottomans and some Lalo Schifrin theme music.
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Oooooh shit I just noticed how old Lalo Schifrin is....
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Apparently you can register as an Estonian and as running an Estonian business for £1.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

My concern is Norm insists on smuggling the toys in various cavities. Not necessarily always his
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

How did you get onto Brexit from the original post? Anyway, let's level Dresden, leave the Germans and Poles to it next time, and start afresh with the Queens Realms. That should be a good start. 🙂

How about Mustahave These Figures?
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Dammit, I want to be a suave international smuggler of something or other!

Not sausage, though. I can see where you’re going with that nonsense.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Ottomans are dashed hard to smuggle.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Norman D. Landings wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:46 pm Oooooh shit I just noticed how old Lalo Schifrin is....

Noted ... :evilgrin: