Ultracast?

For your Wargames Wittering
tim.w
Jezebel

Ultracast?

Post by tim.w »

Is it as bad as I'm hearing? psc have started to release 20mm WWII figures in it now.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ultracast?

Post by Buff Orpington »

It all depends on what you have heard. If it's the same stuff as Mantic use it's a pain to glue but that shouldn't be a problem in 20mm.
I know they are doing the old Corvus Belli in it. I suppose it is just something you put up with if you want the figures.
I wouldn't try head swapping though.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Is it bad? I've only seen largely positive reviews of the PSC figures, although there have been some comments about bad mould lines. Like said above If it's the same as the Mantic stuff it's ok but needs some getting used to for those used to hard plastic. You can't really file or scrape it, just slice and cut. Just pray it's not like GWs Finecast was or you'll find your figures turning into a cthuluesque puddle in a hot car or windowsill :(
Zenbadger
Gaynor

Post by Zenbadger »

I binned two boxes of late romans out of sheer frustration at the material. The first box was brittle and fragile with a lot of flash and heavy mould slip lines. PSC sent me a replacement box but it was the same. It feels like FoW plastic infantry but not as robust. It has put me off buying PSC figures again.