Billion Suns

For your Wargames Wittering
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Re: Billion Suns

Post by Peeler »

grizzlymc wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:41 am How do you know that?
Apparently, I may have been talking bollocks. Unusual, I know. :D I've just been told, by the Wife, who is an identical twin type wench, that this is how it works.....
An identical twin birth (one egg splits) is a totally random thing, and a female one is not any more or less likely to have any twins herself.
A fraternal twin (multiple eggs), is two non identical babies at the same time, and a female one is more likely to have another fraternal pair of twins herself. She also has the same random chance of an identical twin birth.
I think that's it anyway. :mrgreen:
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

See, judicious use of condoms and keeping an airline ticket in your back pocket and I have never had to ponder such things.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Our friend who we were in Newcastle hospital with had twins 2 years ago, born prem, both died. One still born, one lived 3 days. Was told she would never have twins again, million to one chance. Two years later, twins again, born prem again. Sadly little Noah who was Freya's neighbour in the incubators didn't make it, he lived for about 12 weeks. Lily his sister is doing well and we'll all meet up again one fine day. Twins don't seem to respect statistical odds. I heard many similar stories.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Blimey Tim, that's a tale to tug at the heart strings.