The Month of 'Marsch!'

For your Wargames Wittering
RMD
Jezebel

Re: The Month of 'Marsch!'

Post by RMD »

Ta! Yeah, they're very pretty; dramatically different to the rest of the army and even make the Swiss look drab! :)

Yeah, the Frogs have come together remarkably quickly and smoothly. That's now 20 battalions (240 infantry), 11 generals and staff, 20 gunners and 6 guns done since the beginning of February ('Frogruary'). I've still got the cavalry to do (6x 12-figure units) and the rest of the 2nd Line of Battle (another 8x Swiss battalions and 4x French). I think that'll be enough to be going on with and I'll then make a start on a British/Hanoverian army.

However it's still 'Marsch!' I've run out of Boxhead Frogs for the time being, so the remaining actual Froggish Frogs will have to wait until April and I've now got some Prussians on the go.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Excellent-you are an example to us all- I have no Marsch stuff and am yet to take pictures of my Froguary efforts
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

valleyboy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:01 am You are an example to us all
Yes, that's what my Flight Sergeants used to say during Initial Officer Training... I don't think they meant it in a nice way... :oops:

If anyone's interested, that twat MiniPigs is still ranting in the Spam Folder of my blog. :thumbs:
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

He must be finding mum's basement somewhat constraining.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

I think you should publish his rantings.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Well if it's ranting to me from his mum's basement, it's not shouting at pigeons and scaring children and horses .

I had a look in the spam folder and it's just continued insults about my painting style. It commented that the painting of my SYW Wurttembergers had lowered the value of the figures and that my Brunswickers looked like they'd just been dipped in black paint... With wit as sparklingly weak and unfunny as that it should work for the BBC. It's still strangely reluctant to post links to its own painting efforts though, the pathetic little waste of sperm and oxygen that it is.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

RMD wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:01 pm ... With wit as sparklingly weak and unfunny as that it should work for the BBC...
There's some space being created recently of their current unfunny comedians, so he should apply. Sounds a right sad one.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Peeler wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:34 pm Lorra flags, very nice. Those bases look quite flat too. 👍
Yeah, it's amazing what can be achieved with scissors. I think that bloke with his 'precise' MDF bases must have been using flint to cut card...

:fp:
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

I managed to get these finished in work yesterday before starting my annual leave, but the bases will have to wait until I get back! This is the Prussian 'Markgraf Karl von Brandenburg-Schwedt' Regiment (later numbered IR 19) and I do like the flags on these fellas, which reflect the Chef's position as Grand Master of the Brandenburg Protestant offshoot of the Knights Hospitaller & Knights of Malta. Figures by Eureka and flags by Fighting 15s:

Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Very nice.