The Month of 'Marsch!'

For your Wargames Wittering
RMD
Jezebel

The Month of 'Marsch!'

Post by RMD »

Here's my first entry for the month of 'Marsch!'; namely the Swiss 'Planta' Brigade at Rossbach (consisting of the 'Planta' and 'Reding' Regiments). OK, I'm sure that some of them were German... Or possibly spoke German...

The 'Reding' Regiment. All Swiss regiments in the French Army had the same basic colour scheme of red coat, blue facings and white 'metal', with regiments being mainly identified by their psychedelic flags. The uniforms had very minor differences from regiment to regiment, such as the placement of buttons, the presence or otherwise of a collar or shoulder-strap, butonhole lace on the coat, lace or piping on the waistcoat, red waistcoat and breeches instead of blue, etc...

The 'Planta' Regiment. This differs from the 'Reding' Regiment above by the lack of a collar and some white or silver piping on the waistcoat:

Feel free to post up any Germanic units painted in 'Marsch!' :thumbs:

Next up for me will the 'La Marck' German Brigade for Rossbach; the 'La Marck', 'St Germain' and 'Royal Pologne' Regiments and then some Prussians.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: The Month of 'Marsch!'

Post by Essex Boy »

Very pretty. I like them a lot.

Iain
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Very colourful, looking good.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Very nice, Mark. Always liked the French-based Swiss and German regiments.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Cheers chaps. Not bad for a stroke-victom, eh...?
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Those really are lovely RMD and the flags are superb apart from the one that's still waiting to be coloured in
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

valleyboy wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:04 pm Those really are lovely RMD and the flags are superb apart from the one that's still waiting to be coloured in
Yeah, Maverick Models must use a hell of a lot of white ink on those...

To be fair, Maverick actually sells the flags individually, unlike most, who sell them as sheets, so you often end up with loads you don't want. I obviously had my brain switched off when I ordered the Colonel's Colours... :hair:

However, he then very kindly changed the size for me from 13mm to 20mm square for no extra charge, so fair's fair. I've just ordered some more flags for my next four Swiss regiments but these mostly have designs on the Colonel's Colour.

I should add that Maverick also does them with 'rippled' texturing, but I went for the plain look.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Oh and I'm pleased I went with two flags per battalion. I thought it might be excessive for 12-figure units, but I think it does make them look like the over-indulged and flamboyant army of l'Ancienne Regime.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Yes, nice brush-stroke. 🙂
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

RMD wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:12 pm Oh and I'm pleased I went with two flags per battalion. I thought it might be excessive for 12-figure units, but I think it does make them look like the over-indulged and flamboyant army of l'Ancienne Regime.
I've had SYW flags from Maverick and think they are good, the size options is a really good option as well
I don't think 2 flags is excessive, the more flags the better a unit looks I reckon