What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Re: What are people buying?

Post by Shahbahraz »

I confess I find the Murch style castings to be hard for me to paint. Just something about the smooth style I can't get along with.
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Count Belisarius wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:19 am I wish you hadn't mentioned the 1066 range. Rather nice. However I think the potential customs hit might be a killer... Maybe look at a few when Northstar stock them...
Luckily I no longer have a hankering for any early Early Medieval figures. My great garage clear out showed me that I wasn't underestimating when I said my unpainted pile of 28mm Saxons, Vikings and Normans numbers in excess of 1000 figures. (That's just the "modern" style figures accrued from the very first GB range and onwards, I have a few hundred earlier by Essex and others!).
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

On the other hand, your Immortality Index is quite high!
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I looked at the 1066 one, but the cost is prohibitive and frankly I think Footsore do a better range
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Shahbahraz wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:40 pm Have you considered your wife may secretly be preparing to close assault police vehicles with a shaped charge on a stick?
She can usually stop them with a hard stare - Paddington B-style.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Paul wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:15 am
Count Belisarius wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:19 am I wish you hadn't mentioned the 1066 range. Rather nice. However I think the potential customs hit might be a killer... Maybe look at a few when Northstar stock them...
Luckily I no longer have a hankering for any early Early Medieval figures. My great garage clear out showed me that I wasn't underestimating when I said my unpainted pile of 28mm Saxons, Vikings and Normans numbers in excess of 1000 figures. (That's just the "modern" style figures accrued from the very first GB range and onwards, I have a few hundred earlier by Essex and others!).
Oh - well, if you need to dispose of them - obviously, coming from your bargain basement...
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

I hopped onto the Stargrave Nickstarter (it closes today), mostly for the rules as I've already got a ton of 15mm figures. I'll probably use the figures anyway, although the last thing that the 'lead' pile needs is another 60 odd figures.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

My copy of "Stargrave" dropped through the door this morning...well was handed to me by the Postie! Not really sure why I bought it, but judging by what i've been heaving out of the garage I may have a problem with RAA (Rules Acquisition Addiction).
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Where’s mine ?!
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Since its payday - an Essex Miniaturex 25mm Seljuk Elephant and crew, bargain at £5.99 I thought and a base worth x4 Saracen axe men.