Goddammit! Why won't you just die?!?

For Loose Games & Shows.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Goddammit! Why won't you just die?!?

Post by Jeremy »

Having been inspired by LT's horde of unpainted Studio Miniatures Zeds, I felt inspired to get mine out and have an impromptu game this morning using some rules I cobbled up on the spot. Apologies to those who have already seen this on other platforms.

Lardcastle, 2023. A virus has swept the world, governments scrambled to invent a vaccine, not knowing the side effects would be to turn people into brain eating monsters. Those of us left fight and scramble to survive.

Can Sheriff Buford T. Justiss, his son Junior and Prepper Apocalypse Annie get the supplies of Hershie Bars needed for for the Colony back home? Or will they be tomorrow’s walking dead?
Moving up to the first house with Buford in support, Apocalypse Annie kicks the door in and a lurching Zombie moves to attack. Readying her assault rifle, she opens up.
Panicked by what’s going on, Junior is unable to move. All Annie’s shot hit, but none are the vital headshot required. She lurches back as the cold fingers circle her neck and pull her towards the snapping teeth
The zombie’s attacks are fended off by Annie, allowing Buford to move up and dispatch the zombie with his service revolver.
Stepping over the corpse, Annie approaches another door and starts to open it. Will there be a zombie on the other side?
Soiling himself only slightly, Junior is rooted to the spot as a group of Zombies move round the side of the house. ‘Junior! Get your ass in here!’ shouts his father as he turns to face them
Searching all the rooms, the house is devoid of further zombies, and sadly of Hershie Bars. Meanwhile, outside, the gunfire has attracted more zombies, who with a low moan of ‘braaaainnnnnzzzz’ move towards our hero’s.
In a bid to mask his terror, Junior screams shrilly and runs out into the street after the others. Raising a revolver far too large for his youthful hands, he guns down a group of zombies in front of him. ‘Way to go Junior! Thats my boy!’ shouts Buford T. Justiss
‘Buford! Help me!’ screams Annie as she is swamped by three of the walking dead. Could it be that prepper Apocalypse Annie went into this unprepared?
Trying to hide a badly bitten arm, Annie moves into another house, first room - clear. As she opens the second door, she hears a low moan from the other side and stands transfixed at the horror before her. It’s all up to Junior now! Can he be the hero we all need?
‘Just like on your XBox. Just like on your XBox. You can do this Junior’ whispers Buford. A shot crashes out from Junior’s revolver, nicking Annie’s shoulder and taking the Zombie squarely between eyes
Dammit! No Hershie Bars in the second house either! And to make matters worse, Zombies are battering at both front and back doors! Whatever will our hero’s do?
Clamping his cigar firmly between his teeth, Sheriff Buford T. Justiss opens the back door, raises his revolver and calmly dispatches all three zombies with precision headshots. Junior squeals with relief.
Gunshots ring out from the floor below, signifying Buford and Junior have cleared the downstairs area. ‘Is that a noise I heard behind that door?’ Annie thinks to herself as her hand closes on the door handle
No Hershies in the third house either! Junior moves out the back door and looks round the corner. With a little whimper, a puddle forms at his feet at the sight that greets him.
Rooted to the spot, Junior gets one shot off and misses as he is swamped by the Zombies. His pitiful shrieks become a whimper as the walking dead have their first meal of the day
‘Junior! Nooo!’ wails Buford. Eyeing the approaching hordes, Annie mutters ‘We have to go Buford! Now!’ She drags at Buford with her good arm and they attempt to make their way back to The Colony. Will they make it? Or will they be just another foraging party that never returns?
As they start to run, Buford curses as a group of Zombies appear in the street ahead of them. Spitting out the shredded cigar, he raises his revolver and takes aim one last time.....
‘Leave them! Just run!’ screams Annie and surges past Buford. He is left with no choice and soon follows her. The screen goes black and the credits start to roll. Cut to a scene with Annie lying in her bunk, shivering uncontrollably....
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Goddammit! Why won't you just die?!?

Post by Essex Boy »

That was excellent, Jezza, and brightened my day.

Iain
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Most entertaining
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

Heh heh 🤣 Brilliant!
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Brilliant! Great pics and write up. :)
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

That was a right good read through, well done. 👍
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Cheers all!