Scenario and Orders of Battle. Part One.

For Loose Games & Shows.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Re: Scenario and Orders of Battle. Part One.

Post by FreddBloggs »

That was what I meant, would it affect the flow if it was drawn while the previous one was being acted on, so the player could plan ready for his turn, speeding things up a little.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I don't think it would work that way, Fred. When you're deciding what to do with your activation, it's a rather important feature that you don't know when you'll get to activate again or what your opponent might be able to do. If you turn up the 'next' card, it rather gives the game away - you'll know either that you'll be going again, or that your opponent is going to be able to move 'x' unit or brigades, or shoot twice (?) or whatever.

Iain
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

The activation sequence works fine, we’ve had a few big games before and it doesnt slow anything down
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

What they said. The only wrinkle I was going to suggest, and I have talked this over with EB, and we experimented with it in our refresher game a couple of weeks back, was that as each command has more than one player, each command only need draw one card, and that card will be used for each player within the command, rather than a command having to draw one card for each player. Hope that makes sense. We tried it out and it works quite well. It will reduce some of the waiting time.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Tim Hall wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:33 pm I am thinking of not having distinctions for units, due to game size and time constraints, and possibly also dropping the "What Luck" cards which can slow things down. Unless anybody has strong objections to either measure.
I think that the Unit distinctions add a lot to the character of the game as they give units a "History". Maybe allow a each player a couple of distinctions each plus one for every deficiency taken? (The one per unit given in the rules seems over the top?)

I felt that the "What Luck" cards don't really work in such a big multiplayer game, slow things down and add confusion so totally agree with dropping them.

Just my two penneth worth.
Buff Redux
PurpleBot

Post by Buff Redux »

It's a glorious day here so, naturally I am in full panic mode to get the painting finished.

On the plus side, the bridge is sturdy enough to allow all but the heaviest artillery across.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Well that all sounds rather awesome.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Paul wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:59 pm
Tim Hall wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:33 pm I am thinking of not having distinctions for units, due to game size and time constraints, and possibly also dropping the "What Luck" cards which can slow things down. Unless anybody has strong objections to either measure.
I think that the Unit distinctions add a lot to the character of the game as they give units a "History". Maybe allow a each player a couple of distinctions each plus one for every deficiency taken? (The one per unit given in the rules seems over the top?)

I felt that the "What Luck" cards don't really work in such a big multiplayer game, slow things down and add confusion so totally agree with dropping them.

Just my two penneth worth.
I take your point. Simon and I have discussed removing the more tiresome "what luck" cards from the pack. And we can discuss the merits of distinctions in the lead up time.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Buff Redux
PurpleBot

Post by Buff Redux »

Tim, I need to make a small change to my orbat. An accident during embarking meant that my Marines lost their arms overboard*. They have been held back awaiting resupply.

I don't think that removing one unit will affect the balance much.

*In truth I just can't find their arms.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

First time anyone has called a Marine 'armless....