Home from Ayton

For Loose Games & Shows.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Re: Home from Ayton

Post by FreddBloggs »

I probably had to walk further than you did, you swine!
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

😄 I'd say almost definitely so Fred!
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

EB and I finally home after a pleasant two hour stay on a section of the A1(M), where we enjoyed motoring along at 2-3 miles per hour, if lucky because of roadworks that only come out at night. And the cheeky buggers still posted two speed camera vans at the end of the delay. I hope they got that shot of me giving them the finger.

An excellent and much needed weekend of stress free gaming and carousing. Fantastic to catch up with all the Ayton stalwarts after a two year hiatus. Three great games in as many days, it doesn't get better than that, and other great games to ogle and admire (Gary, Jamie, Jeremy and Simon's awesome Ancients, and Mark D's epic shiny Napoleonics, as well as Alex's nifty looking DBN effort.) Yet another classic Ayton outing sadly over, but some great memories to take away.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Buff Redux wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:02 pm Safely home, the next mission is a Spencer Smiff shopping list to bring the forces of La Cors up to a full brigade and try converting people at the club.
I thought you could get almost everything from Spencer Sniff without conversions.
Buff Redux
PurpleBot

Post by Buff Redux »

He hasn't covered Welshmen yet.

I am actually going to try making some Chasseurs D'Alpin by removing the top of the head and adding huge berets. I will also add long walking sticks to the backpacks. The base will be the very versatile Indian Army bodies.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

I have to admit, seeing EB's figures, the temptation is to sculpt my own imagination shinies.

I am trying to drown the idea in more tea.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

EB sculpts his own shinies. Behind that daft look, there is quite a talented chap.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Thank you. Git.
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

Tim Hall wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:46 pm EB and I finally home after a pleasant two hour stay on a section of the A1(M), where we enjoyed motoring along at 2-3 miles per hour, if lucky because of roadworks that only come out at night. And the cheeky buggers still posted two speed camera vans at the end of the delay. I hope they got that shot of me giving them the finger.
If it makes you feel any better, I wondered why my Satnav took me one junction down the M62 before putting me back onto the A1 slip at Ferrybridge. It took me about 20 minutes to go round the queue.
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I discovered a different (and signposted) route back to the M1 avoiding the A1(M). Just wish I'd known about it on the way up on Wednesday, and avoided the reverse side of that log-jam.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.