Deep Fried Lard 2019

For Loose Games & Shows.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Deep Fried Lard 2019

Post by levied troop »

A series of TFL games being played in Edinburgh in the presence of Big Rich himself. Actually tomorrow, but Jeremy came along and helped me playtest the Garibaldi game.

He did superbly well as Garibaldi, getting his troops to the monastery in record time. Then he decided to play on and attempt to wipe my Bourbons from the field. Which he almost did by using Garibaldi himself to lead charge after charge into the flank of defenceless chocolate troops until only 1 unit was left on the table. Which killed Garibaldi with the last roll of the dice :thumbs:

So the revolution is off, therefore the game tomorrow is off and Italy doesn't exist. Not bad for an afternoon's entertainment.
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Re: Deep Fried Lard 2019

Post by Jeremy »

Thanks LT for a visually stunning and incredibly fun game! Garibaldi went down swearing, fighting and spitting, killing the last of the enemies of the revolution with the last dying thrust of his sword. He was Glorious!
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Looks like fun.
MarshalNey
Gaynor

Post by MarshalNey »

Viva Garibaldi!
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Well, it’s been a brilliant two days. The Garibaldi game was just ace, then this morning was Blitzkrieg CoC and I had to stop the French from blowing to Dykes (cue innuendos). A game that went down to the wire, but we eventually won.

Then this afternoon we played Indian Mutiny. I played Ahvbeen Avinasheet and was responsible for stopping the British from rescuing Miss Trimbush. It all proved too close a shave and we beat the British off (cue more innuendo jokes)

Was great to see LT and Paul, and the Scottish Lardy guys were just brilliant. Time to go out for more beers and curry. As if last night wasn’t enough.

I shall post pics when I’m back in the land of workable Wi-fi.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

Moderately knackering day running two games but great fun. Two of my players hadn’t played Sharp Practice before the day and both are now keen to buy it, so there’s a slight danger they may have enjoyed it. The Gary Baldists won both games but with Gary himself being badly wounded in the first game after failing with a charge, and running away and hiding in a toilet in the second it wasn’t his finest hour. Good to meet up with Jeremy and Paul, get a chat in with Big Rich and a couple of interesting new contacts made.

No photos unfortunately as I left my magic recording device behind but by all accounts Twitter and Farcebook should have a few good ones.
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Some cracking looking games going on. LT's, The Indian Mutiny Game and the Trojan war one were particularly eye catching. Bag the MiG looked fun too. I didn't get to play as I was only on a drive by (on a Highland round trip), it was good to catch up with LT and Jeremy though and find a potential local opponent :)
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Back in the land of decent WiFi, so here are all the pics in no particular order:

World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Great pics, some excellent looking games there. Glad to hear a good time was had.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Excellent pics!