Ayton1: - 30th April ~ 2nd May 2021.

For Loose Games & Shows.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton 2020 - The Official Planning Thread

Post by grizzlymc »

Nah, the days when it got bigger when lots of people wanted to play with it are gone. I let them play with it one at a time. Suck it and see, sort of thing.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

garyp wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:53 pm I'll drop out and play the 18th century game. Do you want me to bring figures Iain?
Thanks Gary but we'd best keep the game small. We can get by with just my stuff. I'm thinking of trying Beneath the Lily Banners, have you played version three?
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

If there are still too many people in Simon's hut I'll play the Captain Oates role and go outside. Any room in your game Iain?
Do please bear in mind that I haven't even read BTLB v1.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Buff Orpington wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:27 pm If there are still too many people in Simon's hut I'll play the Captain Oates role and go outside. Any room in your game Iain?
Do please bear in mind that I haven't even read BTLB v1.
You'll be very welcome, Buff.

Don't worry about the rules. Whatever we use will by necessity need to be fast play and easy to pick up.

Welcome aboard.

E
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I'm running a bit behind at the moment, so it will be a few days before I suggest a timetable. Sorry.

As far as I know, the list of games/players at the top of page one is bang up to date. Two things.....

1) can the game organisers please, if they haven't already done so, check their player numbers. Post here if they still need to make adjustments.

2) everyone please check that the list represents their final choices. Post here if anything needs to change.

Ta

Iain
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I think I have the best fit for games on the Saturday. Sorry for the delay.

I must first apologise to Brendan because my 'best fit' leaves him playing two games at the same time (Hulk and Zulu in the morning).

So this is my suggested agenda.........

AM: Lace Hulk and Zulu
PM: Venician Horror, DBN and 18thC.
The Tims' F&I wars game will of course run all day.

If anyone thinks they can come up with a better fit then please let me know. Please don't post here but rather PM or e-mail me and I'll collate the suggestions.

As it is though......

Brendan: sorry to ask but are you able to choose between Lace Hulk and Zulu? And your afternoon preference is? [Edit: Sorted - cheers Brendan]

Dave and Peeler, you both have free morning slots. Ken and Kerry, you're both free in the afternoon.

Alternatives........

AM: Lace Hulk and Zulu are currently full but there is space in the F&I game, or I could extend the 18thC game, or Peeler may be persuaded to run a morning DBN?

PM: Venician Horror is full but I can accommodate people in the 18thC game, and I'm sure the Tims could sort something out, and of course there's the DBN game.
Last edited by Essex Boy on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Let the cat herding begin. :D
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

I could take an extra in Venetian Horror if wanted although it might take me above my normal limit of "Not enough people to trample me to death in the event of a mutiny" :) and I might need to get an extra table.
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

I can also take an extra in the Zulu game - or more if players want to help me with the Zulu forces. At present I'm anticipating all players taking British/Colonial against randomly generated Zulus, but I'll have a lot of Zulus to move!
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Essex Boy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:37 pm I must first apologise to Brendan because my 'best fit' leaves him playing two games at the same time (Hulk and Zulu in the morning).

Brendan: sorry to ask but are you able to choose between Lace Hulk and Zulu? And your afternoon preference is?
OK. I signed up for Simon's game (Lace Hulk) first, so I'll go for that in the morning. Can I join in with your 18C game in the afternoon? (I should say I have NO experience whatsoever with BLB, but am willing to give them a try.)

Commanding your beautiful Bavarians would be ideal...... :thumbs:
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.