Fiasco Leeds Sunday October 27th

For Loose Games & Shows.
tim.w
Jezebel

Re: Fiasco Leeds Sunday October 27th

Post by tim.w »

Jeremy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 am Oh wait. RWC is on. I won’t be going.
That usually affects overall numbers. The World Cup was on when the Bridlington shop ran their first show in Driffield last year and it reduced numbers by a third I reckon. No way of avoiding it though when the shows have to book so far in advance.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Ilkley Old School wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:15 am I have a pass out for the day so plan on going as well.
Great will pick the Napoleonic figures up if you bring them along. Happy to give you a few quid.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Good day had. Saw a few from the club. Caught up with Winco and Ilkley Mark who brought me my first unit of DbN in the form of Old Guard.

Made a few purchases later in the day after nipping into town for a german sausage and some baklava. Finishing off a few armies now so got some very nice Aventine Velites in 28mm with a general for the army. 28mm Waffen SS support with snipers, panzershrek British Airborne support with piats, sniper, bren team, spotters & flame thrower. My second ever DbN unit of Hungarian grenadiers. A bag of tanks in 6mm from Scotia (Kumbahyah in 6mm!) and some small road sections and foxholes to give my road system a bit more flexibility.

Games wise no one who didnt make it missed anything much. Only small skirmish style games but a few innovative looking set ups. There was a very DbN looking Napoleonic game with a published set of rules.

Nothing much happening at the Armouries. Mostly kids stuff for half term. When they advertise the cafe as an "activity" you know its a slow day.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Purps loves a bit of German Sausage.
Wg Cdr Luddite
PurpleBot

Post by Wg Cdr Luddite »

Good to meet Ilkley and see Tim again. I didn't know I was going until 6 pm on Saturday. It was really nice to actually go to a show a again and meet old friends.

Only purchase was five packs of the new I-94 decals from Leon.
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Post by Ilkley Old School »

Hi Tim

Dbn is like crack. You start with a unit of Old Guards handed over supriptisoiosly in a cafe. In no time at all you are scoring Hungarian Grenadiers. By tomorrow morning who knows what else you will end up.

It was good to meet you and WCL all be it briefly. I agree there was a dirth of decent games except for the Napoleonic Peninsula game.

I had thought of getting a copy of the new FIre and Fury Brigade rules but there was no one selling them.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Jeremy wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:26 pm Purps loves a bit of German Sausage.
He also likes wearing a balaklava.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.