Ayton2: - 26th ~ 28th November 2021, thus far....

For Loose Games & Shows.
tim.w
Jezebel

Re: A second Ayton 16th-18th October 2020

Post by tim.w »

Totally understandable Gents. I say we use the time to plan future games and paint up. I'd be keen to see how we can develop some distance gaming, Kumbahyah mini campaigns played solo or somehow by zoom? These can feed into the bigger battle days when we're all together. Or be purely to develop our own factions.

In theory I'm still up for popping over for either a game or just to see people for one day. Though if things get too risky again I'll have to rethink.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I agree with Hotel, Paul and Shahbahraz.

However, I will be in Ayton for the weekend (subject to an enforced lock-down), enjoying the countryside and any other attractions I might find. I need a holiday and I'm already booked into the Lodge, so hey ho.

It's a bummer that we won't all be getting together, but it's not the end of the world - there's many years left in the LAW event tank.

E
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Essex Boy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:32 am ............
- there's many years left in the LAW event tank.

E
As long as we keep Norm busy.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Why don’t you still have a Virtual Shiney game? The scale makes it very doable, at least salvage something from the weekend
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Sad but it makes sense as things are. It's all too easy to let precautions slip for a moment. The Memsahib & I still plan on going to the cottage in Brompton so we might be able to arrange a safe meet up with others in the area.

I'd be up for some virtual gaming at some stage if we can sort out the practicalities.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

It’s dead simple Buff. Happy to have a conversation with you offline to give you some advice
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

It's a great shame but sensible and understandable for all the reasons given.

Living here means I'll be here of course. Its just feasible that I'll have a working game room by mid-October and may be able to host something socially distanced. I reckon I could host up a small number of us gaming and stay safe. So if people are around and fancy a game on the weekend or an evening we could do something. lockdowns etc depending of course.
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Has Mr Peeler seen these latest developments I wonder?

Iain
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I believe that he has already set aside the appropriate weekend.

Unfortunately, it's the 23rd-25th.
Last edited by BaronVonWreckedoften on Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

goat major wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:01 pm It's a great shame but sensible and understandable for all the reasons given.

Living here means I'll be here of course. Its just feasible that I'll have a working game room by mid-October and may be able to host something socially distanced. I reckon I could host up a small number of us gaming and stay safe. So if people are around and fancy a game on the weekend or an evening we could do something. lockdowns etc depending of course.
Very good idea :)
I am more likely to risk a day trip to game with people from one..ish area, but it's still something that depends on how the next few weeks pan out!
Of course the date may be less crucial in for this plan.