Ayton2: - 26th ~ 28th November 2021, thus far....

For Loose Games & Shows.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Re: A second Ayton 16th-18th October 2020

Post by Buff Orpington »

I would jump at the chance of a game that weekend as I'll be sat midway between Ayton and Ebberston.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Sat in what?
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

In luxury, we'll have a hole in the middle of the road all to ourselves and all the gravel we can eat.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Buff Orpington wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:03 pm In luxury, we'll have a hole in the middle of the road all to ourselves and all the gravel we can eat.
Your own hole! Luxury!
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Buff Orpington wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 am I would jump at the chance of a game that weekend as I'll be sat midway between Ayton and Ebberston.
I've just bundled a big box for you too. Hopefully see you at some point.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Buff Orpington wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 am I would jump at the chance of a game that weekend as I'll be sat midway between Ayton and Ebberston.
I’m sure we’ll be able to do something assuming we aren’t back in a total lockdown again . Even in that situation we can shout accusations of cheating at Iain from the other side of the road
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

goat major wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:17 pm
I’m sure we’ll be able to do something assuming we aren’t back in a total lockdown again . Even in that situation we can shout accusations of cheating at Iain from the other side of the road
On a more sensible note........

We could still take up the booking of the village hall. It is an excellent facility after all, and spacious. Let's wait to hear from Mr Peeler about the costs involved.

Iain
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Well, just listen to you lot! I'm so scared of the virus, I don't want to catch it, I don't want to pass it on. Etc. Pathetic all of you! 😁

In all seriousness, probably a sensible choice, I'm sorry to say. Things have opened up a lot here, and try as they might, there isn't much distancing locally in the pubs & club. If you're worried about Covid, you wouldn't be happy. I can't see things being much different in a month, and as someone said, we're all alive now, imagine if we did this and then died. Divying up the dead persons collection would be a nightmare. 🙂 You will of course be missed.
As to the cost, it would be £350, so we do need to make a decision, this week, so that I can confirm or cancel the booking.
Alternatively, for those who are going to be local anyway - (so far) - meself, Simon, Alex, Iain, Buffkins, maybe Norman, I'm thinking we could get something on, at mine, Alex Hotel, or Simon's, if you're happy to. No kissing or licking obviously.
So those who are going to be here, you need to post up, do you still want to use the hall, or do the alternates I've suggested above. Need to know in the next few days really, so I can confirm or cancel the booking. And, if there's fewer of us, eating out will be easier to arrange.
So IF you're coming, please POST UP what you'd prefer, Hall, Alternate, or Either.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

I'll start! Either.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

I think that around £70 each for the hall knocks it out. A one day game at Chez Goat or Alex's chateau could be a goer, probably Alex's place with those numbers. Food & drinks wise my son may be coming up with us for the weekend so we'll be self catering in the cottage.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done