Valleyboy's Not Napoleonics

For your gaming pictures & links.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Valleyboy's Not Napoleonics

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Etranger wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:13 am I wouldn't sweat it VB - a lot of the ECW coat colours are conjectural & regiments could have different uniform colours with different issues of clothing anyway.
This. As in the AWI, regiments could have a different coat colour each year (if they got a uniform at all, in that particular year). And the King's Lifeguard is pretty much the only unit I can think of, pre-NMA, that had coats and flags the same colour - certainly the "coloured" regiments of the London Trained Bands were based on their flags, not any uniform clothing.

Also, very few flag manufacturers make more than two flags for each regiment, so this way you've managed to make yourself four with a common design.
Last edited by BaronVonWreckedoften on Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Lovely work!
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Really nice work, Bro. I like the posing of the bases.

Iain
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Thanks Gents
The bases are big enough to allow a bit of from Bro and the basing aim is for King and Parliament

@ Brendan - Flags of War do 2 packs of 2 for each regiment which I thought was an attractive option and I've essentially followed Big Red Bat's lead of 4 flags on the command base and used his crinkle bases