Disappointment from Newline

For your gaming pictures & links.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Disappointment from Newline

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Especially basing.

Snook tries to apply inherent military probability to the final moments at Isandlwhana (and also tracked down some Zulu sources to get a more complete picture). He obviously does try to "big up" the reputation of the 1/24th, but does make some credible points whilst doing so - eg the junior officers were much more familiar with Zulu tactics than Chelmsford who was not inexperienced when it came to African warfare, but clearly assumed that all Africans fought the same way.

There was also a command-and-control problem vis-a-vis Durnford. As a Royal Engineer, his command of an all-arms force would have put a few noses out of joint, especially as Pulleine, ostensibly his equal, only held brevet rank. Where Snook takes issue, is that none out of Chelmsford and his entire staff, thought to establish a pecking order or settle such an issue. If they simply imagined that a situation in which it became of vital importance would never arise......well, they got that wrong.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Essex Boy wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:41 pm My trouble.......one of my troubles.......is that I seldom agree with anyone about anything.
Oh yes you do!
Vintage Wargaming
PurpleBot

Post by Vintage Wargaming »

Essex Boy wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:41 pm My trouble.......one of my troubles.......is that I seldom agree with anyone about anything.
I think we can all agree that certain people are gits...
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Can't argue with that.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I wear my Git-dom with pride, It's the LAW equivalent of an ASBO.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.