WotR Perry 28mm

For your gaming pictures & links.
Spanner
PurpleBot

WotR Perry 28mm

Post by Spanner »

I'm not a good painter, but nice figures and some home made decals have dressed these up a bit. I've got some Army Painter washes to try, which may add some character(my old stand-by of Payne's Grey oils tending to do nasty things to the metallic paint I use). So yes, sometimes I do more than just read about the hobby.

Cheers.
Attachments
WotR12.jpg
WotR12.jpg (134.67 KiB) Viewed 2325 times
WotR09.jpg
WotR09.jpg (128.58 KiB) Viewed 2325 times
WotR13.jpg
WotR13.jpg (198.11 KiB) Viewed 2325 times
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Re: WotR Perry 28mm

Post by goat major »

Great, Those decals have come out well - was it much faff to make them ?

Are you building towards a specific project ?
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Those look good.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Very good and interested to see the decals standing out on something other than a white background
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

Thanks, Gents. ValleyBoy, I cheated and used white decal paper. Not particularly worried about exactly matching the decal colours to the painted jacks, they can be blended in with paint after application if the colours are close.

Cheers.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

The results look good. I bought some decal paper and will be testing it out when I do my Barons War shields
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

"I'm not a good painter, but nice figures and some home made decals have dressed these up a bit. I've got some Army Painter washes to try, which may add some character(my old stand-by of Payne's Grey oils tending to do nasty things to the metallic paint I use). So yes, sometimes I do more than just read about the hobby."

Don't get too hung up on your abilities as a painter, certainly not here on this forum and with this group of guys. We admire anybody who has a go at it and the courage to post pictures of their efforts to a group of their peers. You will only find encouragement and helpful advice here, and certainly not negative criticism. Personally I think you have painted and based them to a good standard, and they look very neat. For me it is neatness and not always Dallimoresque skills that impress. If anything, figures painted to a good, tidy "wargame" standard look far better on the table then some of overpainted grotesques one see's elsewhere on the net and in magazines. Well done you.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

Jeremy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:10 am I bought some decal paper and will be testing it out when I do my Barons War shields
Jeremy, 3 quick tips :
1. If you use a light coloured background and put a dark design on clear decal paper then it can work well (see below- some people reckon I don't take Saga seriously).
2. Use a punch to make room for a shield boss, if needed.
3. Don't immerse the decals, wet the backing paper (like LBM decals)- it can reduce problems with the inks running.
Tim, I agree with what you say. but I used to be able to paint reasonably well- and that's what I'm missing.
Attachments
rent.jpg
rent.jpg (45.52 KiB) Viewed 2267 times
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Great shield. At Ayton, Purps wears jeans with the same logo on the back.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Spanner wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:18 am
Tim, I agree with what you say. but I used to be able to paint reasonably well- and that's what I'm missing.

Trust me, practice will only enable you to "improve" and get your mojo back. The one important message I can give you is, paint to a standard YOU are happy with, don't paint for the approval of others. I look forward to seeing more.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.