HMS Priapus' Flying Bridge

For your gaming pictures & links.
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Re: HMS Priapus' Flying Bridge

Post by HMS Priapus »

This one lays down thin layers of PLA filament, so basically you push a button and when it's done you've got your finished piece. I supposed I could consider urinating on the objects before priming, in accordance with LAW behavioral norms, and for good measure.

As for dust, haven't had a problem - I think that's probably a resin consideration too tho. I backed a resin capable printer in a KS last year, which has been delayed in delivery till June, so it'll be awhile before I have a firsthand look at those specifics.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

How does it handle this sort of construction:

--
-- -
-- -
-
-----

Think of a streetlamp for example.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Forget it, looks nothing like what I typed!
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

It just depends. You can set support angles etc, to have it build a temporary structure underneath overhangs. I'm printing a horreo, Spanish granary, right now that is mostly horizontal slats. Seems to be printing it sans support without any issues. I'll post a photo when it's done so you can get a sense of how the printer and material behave during the fabrication process.

Also, latest efforts.

HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

Grizz- Heres an example of the output showing how the printer handled these unsupported areas. Lots of slat work on this granary thing. I need to actually read a bit more about the horreo, I mean who doesn't... Should note I used a different filament for this one, which I'm not happy with (didn't deserve it's 5 start rating!), so going back to the stuff that came with the printer for future builds.

grizzlymc wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:54 am How does it handle this sort of construction:

--
-- -
-- -
-
-----

Think of a streetlamp for example.
Last edited by HMS Priapus on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Looks good, some sort of an AWI storehouse?
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

Nah, a sort of Spanish/Basque structure for storing grain. For me Peninsular build. Apparently kind of unique to that region.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

It does look like nothing I've ever seen.. nice design seems to have worked well with your printer.
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

Thanks SBZ - interesting structures from what I've seen in photos. I think it'll be a great piece when done up for the table.

Made some adjustments to the printer, as I changed filaments, and discovered the new stuff wouldn't stick to a print bed no matter what I did. So sourced yet a different filament and am back in business. More Spanish buildings in the near future.

In the meantime, it's been slow going on the painting desk due to work stuff. But have finished another batch of CSA skirmishers, plus an NCO in need of chevrons. Hopefully, I'll be a bit more speedy with what's next in the queue. Done with all the skirmishers for both sides in any event, so on to cavalry, line/zouaves, and the last of the artillery, not to mention my languishing Peninsular troops.

Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

I like the ACW figures.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk