If you go down to the woods today

For your gaming pictures & links.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Re: If you go down to the woods today

Post by Essex Boy »

It looks truly excellent, Donald. Not overly cluttered, as is often the case, and therefore very functional and versatile - and, of course, easy on the eye.

Are you intending to do a few more to extend the road/path?

I have been churning out dozens of palm tree bases recently, there's a lot of work in this scenery palaver - and mine are very simple compared to yours.

Iain
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

I know you're not a fan of spray paints but few light passes over selected areas with a mid brown tone will modulate the greens a bit.
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

Vintage Wargaming wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:38 am Those are either tiny skateboarders or that’s a massive skateboard. Especially as those are very close while the skateboard is far away.
No, it was a toy I confiscated from an unruly adolescent. He forgot to pick it up, so it became mine. This is also the way I get knives, stolen phones, heroin, various pills.....
donald
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

Etranger wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:39 am I know you're not a fan of spray paints but few light passes over selected areas with a mid brown tone will modulate the greens a bit.
ET, Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go....but any brown? Something cheap from Bunnings or do I have to go to a GW shop with bars of gold?

donald
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

If you aren't after hand sanitiser or generators, you can just walk out of bunnings with it in your pocket.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Nicely done.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Nicely done Donald :thumbs:
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

ochoin wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:20 am
Etranger wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:39 am I know you're not a fan of spray paints but few light passes over selected areas with a mid brown tone will modulate the greens a bit.
ET, Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go....but any brown? Something cheap from Bunnings or do I have to go to a GW shop with bars of gold?

donald

I've actually got a cheap Revell airbrush through which I stick diluted craft paint for scenic effects, usually something like burnt umber, and/or a beige shade &/or a green. Pretty much any mid tone will do. The various hobby sprays work (they don't have to be GW, most hobby shops will have other, cheaper ranges). Just start with light passes - it's easy to add more but impossible to remove again!

Is the sort of thing you can do - home made terrain sheets. This one does need an iron. Sorry for the photofucket logo - I must move to a new host.