Old mags and Commando Comics

For trading your quality goods
tim.w
Jezebel

Old mags and Commando Comics

Post by tim.w »

Have a small load of commando comics available. £20 plus whatever postage which would be around £6 - £10 I would think?

Also, x3 large boxes full of wargames mags, WI, WSS, MW and the American Historical Gamer magazine if anyone is interested. Can do pick up at Ayton this year or if you just want a bundle I'm sure we can work something out. Otherwise they are heading for a skip sadly. I'd love to keep them for reference and might hang on to some older ones and those with periods I'm interested in but there are far too many for me to store.
vexillia
Fallen Woman

Re: Old mags and Commando Comics

Post by vexillia »

How many Commando comics? A rough idea of issue numbers would help too. Are the in the 1,000s, 2000s etc?
Martin Stephenson :: Work | Blog | Auctions

Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

You should hang on to the Commando comics for Freya's education in later years. I have my own bundle of old mags so reluctant to add to that. But it is a tough call. I am still re-reading mags from the 80's and 90's, and they are so much better than today's offerings. Can I suggest you have a final read through and remove anything of interest and then re-cycle the remains. (If you can't find an interested buyer of course.) I did that with my old Military Modellings and assorted historical mags, and ended up with three binders full of brilliant uniform info that I refer to all the time.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Yes, at some point I'll have a quick scan through all and keep a few. I was shocked at how many had wintered in the garage, thought there was only one box but discovered three very large full ones. The old ones are great and have some excellent articles, WI circa 2000-2012 are skipward bound!
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Tim I surprised myself when I unloaded all my WI and MWs on Facebook marketplace where it can be surprising what people want. . Only got about a tenner for them but was nice not to see them not go in the bin
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Yeah good call I'll try that. Michelle sold a calendar to a guy on fb groups for a £1 today. It paid for a bottle of coke at least.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

vexillia wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:25 am How many Commando comics? A rough idea of issue numbers would help too. Are the in the 1,000s, 2000s etc?
Sorry had to retrieve them from the car. Theres about 60. They range from early 80's to present day. Mix of publishers.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Any donkey action?

Just asking for a friend.
vexillia
Fallen Woman

Post by vexillia »

tim.w wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:56 pm
vexillia wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:25 am How many Commando comics? A rough idea of issue numbers would help too. Are the in the 1,000s, 2000s etc?
Sorry had to retrieve them from the car. There's about 60. They range from early 80's to present day. Mix of publishers.
OK. £20 for 60 is fine but ....

Next questions: how much do they weigh and can you do myHermes? I know they're crap but they are so cheap for 2-5 kg parcels.
Martin Stephenson :: Work | Blog | Auctions

tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

I checked and its a fair way to the nearest drop off. Can do whatever the post office will do.