Looking for.....

For trading your quality goods
RMD
Jezebel

Re: Looking for.....

Post by RMD »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:02 am In my BAe days, I used to stay in Milford Haven when I covered the RAF Brawdy Air Show. Quite a pleasant little seaside resort, as I recall. Of course, once the summer season was over, the council probably released all the teenage junkies back onto the streets to roam free....
You clearly imagined it. Milford Haven is occasionally improved (about once every 15 years or so) by blast waves from exploding oil refineries though.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

jhancock wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:50 am Pity on the mob or Milford Haven?
Definitely the mob.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Late 80s. so over 30 years/2 refinery explosions ago. To be fair, I was usually rather drunk whilst I was there.....
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

I know many parts of the planet which are only bearable if you are drunk. Sme of them could be much improved by a refinery explosion, or perhaps 1000 Lancaster's.
jhancock
Loose Virgin

Post by jhancock »

A lot of good ale or whiskey can improve a number of places and people! 😉
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

RMD wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:34 pm
BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:02 am In my BAe days, I used to stay in Milford Haven when I covered the RAF Brawdy Air Show. Quite a pleasant little seaside resort, as I recall. Of course, once the summer season was over, the council probably released all the teenage junkies back onto the streets to roam free....
You clearly imagined it. Milford Haven is occasionally improved (about once every 15 years or so) by blast waves from exploding oil refineries though.
The baron may be appreciating it from the viewpoint of a post apocalyptic gamer. The guy who set up our club once said that he would love to have a house with a good view of the Rocksavage petrochemical plant.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Handy if you are into selling video to TV networks.