Matelot landing party

For your gaming pictures & links.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Re: Matelot landing party

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

Spanner wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:00 pm Excellent work, mate, though giving matelots muskets is scary.
I remember when I was in the RN being at a Marine base and a captain of Marines not allowing us malotes to carry any weapons.
Until I pointed out to him that my crew were not proper matelots we were :-D submariners, he relented.

Willz.
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

Willz the Wargamer wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:33 am I remember when I was in the RN being at a Marine base and a captain of Marines not allowing us malotes to carry any weapons.
Until I pointed out to him that my crew were not proper matelots we were :-D submariners, he relented.
Willz.
We had a few pussers at my last unit. Every year every army member has to requalify on TOET's for the service rifle (F89 back then) and then pass a basic range shoot (just zeroing and grouping). A couple of the pussers asked if they could do the TOET's and shoot and we fitted them in. I have to admit their weapon handling was pretty good, though they had some trouble remembering all the part names. I don't know how well they shot, though, as I wasn't on the range the day they went.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Willz the Wargamer wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:33 am I remember when I was in the RN being at a Marine base and a captain of Marines not allowing us malotes to carry any weapons.
"Hold it by the barrel, let them get nice and close, then beat them to death with the blunt end."
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

They're excellent Willz