And so it begins

For your Wargames Wittering
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Re: And so it begins

Post by Peeler »

Count Belisarius wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:14 pm Oooohhh. C17TH. There's an Idea..
I'd say 6mm for pikey blocks.
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

Good luck with the additions! I prefer big bases for my ECW Foote with command on a separate circular base.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Penda wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:48 am Good luck with the additions! I prefer big bases for my ECW Foote with command on a separate circular base.
I know another ECW gamer who does that (Timmo - Tim Elcock) and it allows him to re-purpose units for a different army simply by swapping out the command base with the all-important ensigns.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I'm not going to miss an opportunity to post a picture of my one and only mid 17thC unit.......even if I have posted it before (I think).

I like three bases, and a clear space between the pikes and the muskets.

BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

I know it's 20mm, rather than 15mm, but.....looking at some of those faces, I can't help wonder if the guy who sculpts the figures for Peter Pig started off at Irregular?

Definitely on the spiffing side of spiffing, EB.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Ta muchly, Baron.

Ah yes, Peter Pig faces are a bit like Marmite.......I'm of the 'love it/them' church.

Please don't judge these Tumbling Dice and Kennington faces based on my painting. I deliberately give my toys a grumpy look. It amuses me.

Iain
Panzer21
Loose Virgin

Post by Panzer21 »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:13 pm I know it's 20mm, rather than 15mm, but.....looking at some of those faces, I can't help wonder if the guy who sculpts the figures for Peter Pig started off at Irregular?

Martin Goddard sculpts all the Peter Pig range as well as owning the company. Never worked for Irregular.
I find faces to be the distinctive feature of a sculpter, slowly disappearing as 3D designed figures become more common.
Most are easily recognisable.
Neil
MarshalNey
Gaynor

Post by MarshalNey »

Very nice unit EB.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Essex Boy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:24 pm I deliberately give my toys a grumpy look. It amuses me.
I like that!
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Panzer21 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:03 pm
BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:13 pm I know it's 20mm, rather than 15mm, but.....looking at some of those faces, I can't help wonder if the guy who sculpts the figures for Peter Pig started off at Irregular?

Martin Goddard sculpts all the Peter Pig range as well as owning the company. Never worked for Irregular.
I find faces to be the distinctive feature of a sculpter, slowly disappearing as 3D designed figures become more common.
Most are easily recognisable.
Neil
I get the PP resemblance too, probably their overall 'heft'. Very nicely painted figures EB