Hinchcliffe Napoleonics- anyone interested?

For trading your quality goods
Spanner
PurpleBot

Hinchcliffe Napoleonics- anyone interested?

Post by Spanner »

A mate has a lunch-box-sized box of Hinchcliffe Napoleonics (mainly British) that are surplus to requirements, and he asked me if I knew of anyone who may be interested. Most of them are in the old Hinchcliffe blue boxes, so he's been dragging them around, from posting to posting, for decades.

Anyway, is there likely to be anyone (anywhere, not just LAW members) who may be interested in these? Or should he consign them to the local landfill?

Cheers.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
tim.w
Jezebel

Re: Hinchcliffe Napoleonics- anyone interested?

Post by tim.w »

Interested here! Where are they based currently?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Donald's your man. He's always saying that his lead pile isn't big enough.

Iain :)
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

tim.w wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:05 am Interested here! Where are they based currently?
On a similar theme, Tim, I think I have a load of Austrians somewhere that you are welcome to - anything to avoid them lying around unloved/unwanted.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:09 pm
tim.w wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:05 am Interested here! Where are they based currently?
On a similar theme, Tim, I think I have a load of Austrians somewhere that you are welcome to - anything to avoid them lying around unloved/unwanted.
Oh yes please. I did have Hinchliffe Russians but passed them on to a keen young kid at a show. Regreted it since as I'm keen on the old school stuff now.
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

NSW south coast Tim. Postage is probably going to be a problem (69 Oz pesos/35 quid for 2kg- are idiot governments trying to stop people buying small amounts of goods?), unless Bill can find someone on their way over (still considering that meself). I'll email Bill and ask him to come up with a list of what he's got, mate. The few figures he showed me- the Hinchcliffe boxes were taped up- were British infantry in stovepipe shakos. I'll ask him if I can give you his email and you can discuss it with him.
Essex Boy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:57 am Donald's your man. He's always saying that his lead pile isn't big enough.

A little tall to mix with Airfix, HäT and Zvezda, I would have thought? :evilgrin:
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Spanner wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:42 pm
NSW south coast Tim. Postage is probably going to be a problem (69 Oz pesos/35 quid for 2kg- are idiot governments trying to stop people buying small amounts of goods?), unless Bill can find someone on their way over (still considering that meself). I'll email Bill and ask him to come up with a list of what he's got, mate. The few figures he showed me- the Hinchcliffe boxes were taped up- were British infantry in stovepipe shakos. I'll ask him if I can give you his email and you can discuss it with him.
Essex Boy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:57 am Donald's your man. He's always saying that his lead pile isn't big enough.

A little tall to mix with Airfix, HäT and Zvezda, I would have thought? :evilgrin:
I don't think that really matters. The thrill for Donald is the 'owning', he doesn't worry about the lead pile.
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

Iain. Behave.

donald
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

:)