Wanted: Flames of War Irish Guards dice

For trading your quality goods
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Wanted: Flames of War Irish Guards dice

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Been looking for these for my CoC/TTM&TB Great War project (dark blue with regimental badge on the "6" spot). Anyone know of a (probably former) FoW player who has a set he no longer wants?

I have asked FoW in NZ but no reply and it looks like they aren't made any more. Only sets I can find on eBay are in the US and - like the Brigade Games pack mules - require the sale of vital organs and/or children to subsidise the postage to the UK. Loads of 6th Airborne, and more Nazi sets than you can shake a stick at, but no Micks.....
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Wanted: Flames of War Irish Guards dice

Just learned from FoW Customer Services in NZ that they no longer make these (they were printed by their regular "dice people" in Malaysia) and referring me to the US-based eBay set mentioned above.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Wanted: Flames of War Irish Guards dice

Went a bit mad, what with it being Paddy's Day, and bought both the sets (40 dice in total) that the US guy had, and had them sent to a mate in Westchester, NY who is also holding a load of 2nd Gen Minifigs for me. Cost me an extra $2.70-something in tax, BUT free postage - as opposed to £18 to have them sent to the UK! RESULT!!!