Advice from resin gurus on Uncured Resin problem!

For your Wargames Wittering
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Advice from resin gurus on Uncured Resin problem!

Post by Paul »

When tidying up the War room last night I came across a couple of terrain pieces where what is apparently uncured resin had bled through the paintwork of a painted model.
One is very old (Snap dragon designs) and the other had only been undercoated and left in a box a couple of months ago.
Is there any way of solving this issue? I had wondered about putting a "skim" of resin over the top but as what is there is clearly bleeding through i guess that wouldn't work in the long term?
Wg Cdr Luddite
PurpleBot

Re: Advice from resin gurus on Uncured Resin problem!

Post by Wg Cdr Luddite »

Not sure whether it workes on painted resin but Ultraviolet light is normally the answer.
UV light fittings are available as the type used in nail parlours.
Or stick it on a sunny windowsill for a week or two.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Wg Cdr Luddite wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:08 pm Not sure whether it workes on painted resin but Ultraviolet light is normally the answer.
UV light fittings are available as the type used in nail parlours.
Or stick it on a sunny windowsill for a week or two.
Thanks, I know UV would works on printed resin but this will be Ye olde style two part poured resin does UV work on that too?
Zenbadger
Gaynor

Post by Zenbadger »

I don't think it does. Is it a small repairable patch? In the past I have dug out the sticky bit with a scalpel and rebuilt with milliput (greenstuff didn't stick) but if it is a slab with essentially a liquid core it won't be worth it.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Zenbadger wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:52 pm I don't think it does. Is it a small repairable patch? In the past I have dug out the sticky bit with a scalpel and rebuilt with milliput (greenstuff didn't stick) but if it is a slab with essentially a liquid core it won't be worth it.
It's one of the Brigade Models pieces.....a Passenger module for their 15mm Monorail, so digging it out is not really an option. :(
It is possible that once all the goo has bled out it might stabilise I guess....although after working with resins, to create biological slides, in a lab whilst doing my Post grad degree I have a slight sensitivity to it so my initial reaction is to put it in a box at the back of the cupboard and never look at it again :D