QRS for (Big) CoC and SP2

For your Wargames Wittering
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

QRS for (Big) CoC and SP2

Post by HMS Priapus »

Downloaded these today - very concise, he's condensed all the tables to only a single front/back page a each, unlike the earlier ones with were 3 or 4 sheets in most cases.

https://thewargamestable.blogspot.com/2 ... AmApNBJgm4
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: QRS for (Big) CoC and SP2

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

From an admittedly casual reading of this, it appears that what he has actually done is reduce it to back-and-front printed A3, which is essentially the same as 3-4 sides of A4. Or am I missing something?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

I have no idea. I'm American, after all. What I've seen over here is 3-4 front/back 8.5 x 11 sheets (Superior of course to A4!), and this seemed a nice re-format.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

All that tea into Boston Harbour so that you could remain chained to the Imperial System.

Baron, you have the right of it, personally two different coloured A4 double sheets would be much more useful than an A3.
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

Funny enough, when I was a kid, there was a brief attempt under Carter to teach us all the metric system. So, I did a few years in primary school where we had to learn/convert both. I now find myself being the only 'Mericun in the room who knows what a kilometer is.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I find myself one of the few people in the UK who know what a kilometer is!
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

I am part of the lucky generation (those in the age group around 45-50) that was taught metric at school whilst everything else (including wargames rules) still used imperial measures. So I can work in either and often confuse people by switching between the two without really thinking. :)
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

EB is the same. He often uses rules with measurements in centimetres and accidentally moves his troops in inches instead... Or metres in the case of 'retiring' Gateway cavalry..
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I still tend to think in metric, even living over here. I mentally convert imperial to metric as I can visualize it better
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

No doubt depends on how big the CoC is.
Count Belisarius wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:39 pm EB is the same. He often uses rules with measurements in centimetres and accidentally moves his troops in inches instead... Or metres in the case of 'retiring' Gateway cavalry..