What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: What are people buying?

Post by Paul »

Jeremy wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:16 pm Looks great. One of the few times when the striations work in your favor. I’ve looked at them in some depth and spoken to several people who own them. Should I ever decide to get one, I think the resin ones are worth the extra money.
I still have to get my Elegoo resin printer up and running. Simply because I need to wait until warmer weather so that I can use it in the garage and not subject family and pets to the resin fumes!
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Post by Ilkley Old School »

Alberken Russians.

I guess these are mid to late 60s so over 50 years old. I am going to do a paint refurb to freshen up the figures and get them back on the table.

I am going to add a couple of Der Kreigspieler standard bearers and SHQ figures to bring the unit up 24 figures.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Lovely!
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Ilkley Old School wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:55 pm Alberken Russians.

I guess these are mid to late 60s so over 50 years old. I am going to do a paint refurb to freshen up the figures and get them back on the table.

I am going to add a couple of Der Kreigspieler standard bearers and SHQ figures to bring the unit up 24 figures.
Beautiful! Where did you find those?
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Wow!
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

Got any plans to touch them up? LMAO. You're fixin' to cause some people on FB to shit themselves!

HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

Thanks all. Bear in mind the this is just the first print using the defaults straight out of the box. The machine was only 250 USD, and I'm not planning print anything but buildings and scatter terrain, so expect it's going to pay for itself in pretty short order given that filament runs about $20/kilo. I'm thinking the worst case scenario is that I brush on some "Mr Surfacer" as needed before painting.
Paul wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:34 pm
Jeremy wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:16 pm Looks great. One of the few times when the striations work in your favor. I’ve looked at them in some depth and spoken to several people who own them. Should I ever decide to get one, I think the resin ones are worth the extra money.
I still have to get my Elegoo resin printer up and running. Simply because I need to wait until warmer weather so that I can use it in the garage and not subject family and pets to the resin fumes!
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

tim.w wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:36 pm

Beautiful! Where did you find those?
Got them off ebay for 20 quid. I was the only bidder.
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

HMS Priapus wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:21 am Got any plans to touch them up? LMAO. You're fixin' to cause some people on FB to shit themselves!

I have posted on FB.

A few commented that I should leave as is. I guess that is the difference between collectors and gamers. The value for me is playing with them and not sticking them in a glass case.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Well that was quick, Zona Alfa just arrived. It isn't due out till next Thursday.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done