What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Re: What are people buying?

Post by Shahbahraz »

FreddBloggs wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:25 pm Useless gun, broke more shoulders than it ever harmed the enemy.
If it's a Boys vs no AT capability at all, then I'll take the Boys ta.
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
bangorstu
PurpleBot

Post by bangorstu »

I'll let you know how the FROG turns out... given I can't paint to save my life, it'll probably do as an ammunition standard model. And of course it works on table as well as a professionally painted one..

I was less than impressed with the Lanchester I got from Warlord given it came with no instructions for the fiddly bits and a massive amount of flash on the underside of the turret...

Sometimes I think people who produce models don't udnerstand that some of us don't find putting them together intuitive...
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Vintage Wargaming wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:57 pm They are what they are but as Wargames models they meet all my needs
My issue with 3D printed stuff is that you don't get the option of hatches open or closed, that you do with resin/metal/plastic kits. And I have the workshop skills of Jeremy Clarkson, so no question of me converting "buttoned up" to "unbuttoned".
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Vintage Wargaming
PurpleBot

Post by Vintage Wargaming »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:33 am
Vintage Wargaming wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:57 pm They are what they are but as Wargames models they meet all my needs
My issue with 3D printed stuff is that you don't get the option of hatches open or closed, that you do with resin/metal/plastic kits. And I have the workshop skills of Jeremy Clarkson, so no question of me converting "buttoned up" to "unbuttoned".
To be fair - that you sometimes get with resin/metal/plastic kits. Most often plastic kits and usually not quick builds - so usually hours of sticking your fingers together, dropping pieces on the floor and losing them, and then usually some disaster involving tracks
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

No one has solved the tracks thing. Much of this conversation is solved by COTOTS.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

grizzlymc wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:14 am No one has solved the tracks thing. Much of this conversation is solved by COTOTS.
Sorted
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/ ... RC-RCR.php
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Personally, I like plastic kits. But that's the frustrated modeller in me. Then I see what some folk achieve with resin or Corgi, and I get very jealous.

I do have two Ha Go light tanks in 1/56 from Paint & Glue, and they are actually nice models, I just don't know how they will look now I've reached the weathering stage and they are 3d prints.
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
Vintage Wargaming
PurpleBot

Post by Vintage Wargaming »

This is why having no painting skills whatsoever hugely increases my choice
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

I drop a prayer every week for full colour 3d printing of COTOTS stuff.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Just pushed the button on a Rail King toy train set. If it turns out to be O gauge I'll use it for shiny games, if it works with 28mm I'll distress it a bit for Zona Alfa and if it's HO/OO I'll give it to young Mr Waudy to indoctrinate his daughter in a couple of years.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done